Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who will get the NSW training trophy

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin

Who will get the NSW training trophy

Reading the August 2012 amendment on the NSW website http://www.hrnsw.com.au/assets/files...y%20Policy.pdf

This could be interesting

Senior Member Colt clumsy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Snudden
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    Reading the August 2012 amendment on the NSW website http://www.hrnsw.com.au/assets/files...y%20Policy.pdf

This could be interesting
    The same situation is also currently occurring for the Riverina and Wagga district, in both cases the results will be affect the past and current seasons.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by clumsy View Post
    The same situation is also currently occurring for the Riverina and Wagga district, in both cases the results will be affect the past and current seasons.
    Wow, that certainly is interesting. On a bit of a different tangent, saw Brown Girl In The Rain got horse of the year down your way, she certainly has that unique gait of head down, bum up. Is she a handful to drive?

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    She'd be pretty interesting to drive I reckon...but I still kinda like the way that mare goes. She shows some real grit. It's a much more pronounced version than most others but I've seen a few Grins that went to varying degrees like that, as in their head carriage being lower than the usual. Grinfromeartoear went head slightly down as did his sire, Artsplace. I reckon that is most probably where the tendency comes from.
    Here's a video of Grinfromeartoear winning the 1999 3yo colts & geldings Breeders Crown.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJIZMPWp6no
    Here's one of Artsplace winning the 2yo colts & geldings Breeders Crown at Pompano.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmAdPsZ1C3Y
    This one has some wonderful footage of the great horse as they head towards the 1/4. He parks Die Laughing and then hangs him out to dry.

Senior Member Colt clumsy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Snudden
    Put the head check on and she can't go at all. Certainly runs best when the head is down and she is hard on the bit.
    She also won the horse of the year for the Wangaratta meetings held at Shepparton and is now having as well earnt spell.
    Last edited by clumsy; 09-10-2012 at 10:11 PM.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Some of that action can be attributed to the mares side of the family, Attitagin went with his head down a fair way as well, I just checked a photo on my study wall from when we pipped him at the line at Menangle years ago, our horse went with his head down but Attitagain's is even lower.Innitagain was another that went with his head well down as well.
    Last edited by Danno; 09-11-2012 at 02:41 AM.

Member Filly thepacingman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stephen Walsh
    Showing my age here. Off topic somewhat but horses racing with their head down.
    Who can forget the top NZ horse Manaroa "The Ugly Duckling". Great example of this.
    Saw him race at Albion Park during the interdominion. He was a sight to behold but as tough as old boots.

Here he is winning at HP.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WYU2iqg8FQ

Junior Member Foal Loz1502 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mel Young
    Horses
    Browngirlintherain, Our Usain Bolt
    She certainly isn't worth a penny with the head up or off the bit as Clumsy says. On the bit can pull like a train for a little thing. Very proud of her for Horse of the Year at both clubs and certainly a very well earned spell. A great job done by Shaun this season a real professional. Looking forward now to the return of Our Usain Bolt to the track.
    Noticed Gin and Grin from the Russo stable also races in a similar fashion although not as low as her.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Some of that action can be attributed to the mares side of the family, Attitagin went with his head down a fair way as well, I just checked a photo on my study wall from when we pipped him at the line at Menangle years ago, our horse went with his head down but Attitagain's is even lower.Innitagain was another that went with his head well down as well.
    [VVV] Geeze, she's getting it from both sides, no wonder she goes like she does.
    Darren Reay has/had a lovely looking Artsplace mare that went with her head down a fair way as well if I recall her correctly.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thepacingman View Post
    Showing my age here. Off topic somewhat but horses racing with their head down.
    Who can forget the top NZ horse Manaroa "The Ugly Duckling". Great example of this.
    Saw him race at Albion Park during the interdominion. He was a sight to behold but as tough as old boots.

Here he is winning at HP.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WYU2iqg8FQ
    Thanks for that Stephen,
    he certainly was as tough as old boots wasn't he? and it may sound unkind but he was fairly accurately described as ugly..roman nose, roach back, rat tailed, ewe neck and buck kneed into the bargain, but a dead set ripper of a stayer who won some good races over the shorter trips as well.
    cheers,
    Dan

+ Reply to Thread