Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to Stewarding by the Tote Board

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Back to Stewarding by the Tote Board

I knew it couldn't last. Race 2 @ Menangle.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    It doen't get much uglier than that

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Indeed. Time to call...

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Gee you blokes play for keeps up there. Prison rules by the looks of it. I cant believe he only got 6 weeks!

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    I have been trying to tell you blokes for years you can not have an educated opinion on most of these matters "UNLESS YOU SEE THE HEAD ON" and I thought at least with you VVV my efforts were starting to bear some fruit but alas my hopes have been dashed.

The head on replay clearly shows that at the time the interference was caused the 4th horse had not yet obtained rightful running to the inside of the winner and had the winner kept going straight it would not have.

In theses circumstances the protest has to be dismissed.

http://www.trotstv.com.au/?id=6048

It was not the tote board the stewards were looking at it was the video so any time you blokes want to apologise for again going off without the full picture I am sure the stewards would welcome it.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    I have been trying to tell you blokes for years you can not have an educated opinion on most of these matters "UNLESS YOU SEE THE HEAD ON" and I thought at least with you VVV my efforts were starting to bear some fruit but alas my hopes have been dashed.

The head on replay clearly shows that at the time the interference was caused the 4th horse had not yet obtained rightful running to the inside of the winner and had the winner kept going straight it would not have.

In theses circumstances the protest has to be dismissed.

http://www.trotstv.com.au/?id=6048

It was not the tote board the stewards were looking at it was the video so any time you blokes want to apologise for again going off without the full picture I am sure the stewards would welcome it.
    [VVV] In such circumstances would it be toooooooo much to ask that the Stewards Head On Footage be added to the Trots TV replay so EVERYONE can see it?
    Or is it some big secret thing that only a select few, including it should be noted a couple of very well dressed young fellows who went in to the Offices at Bankstown one day to see some head on footage, are able to view?
    That was a stone cold shocker VOR. The leader & eventual winner initially drifted up the track when it looks like the 1st over horse was going to challenge it and then when the 1st over challenge faded and the pocket horse loomed large up along the pylons the driver takes a quick look back & sees it and the horse duly closes down to the pylons again, clips the pocket horse's front legs and causes it to break. Front on and not yet obtained rightful running and all be damned. That was a joke.
    If that was in the US the protest doesn't even need to be lodged let alone debated and then upheld, the inquiry sign would have lit up & the Judges would have automatically taken the winner down.
    Last edited by Triple V; 09-12-2012 at 04:54 PM.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    Gee you blokes play for keeps up there. Prison rules by the looks of it. I cant believe he only got 6 weeks!
    Too right. Jack Ziebell gets 4 weeks for his hit, this is far, far more dangerous.

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    The stewards would of also considered the margin (9.4m) between the winner and fourth.... I am sure that they must be 100% sure that the interference cost that amount of ground before upholding.....

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    IMO the only thing they should be considering now is whether or not they should henceforth go into competition with The Blind Boys Of Alabama.

Member Gelding Tangles will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mj mcmillian
    RACE 2 – FORM 700 TROTTERS MOBILE - 2300 METRES
    Horses THE PINK DIAMOND NZ, KING KONG COOMA and IDOIDO were all subject to pre race blood testing.
    Prior to the all clear Stewards considered a protest by the fourth placegetter THE PINK DIAMOND NZ against the winner DREAM DEFENCE NZ for alleged interference at the 150 metre mark. After viewing all DVD’s it was established that DREAM DEFENCE NZ had shifted a good half a cart up the track and as a result of this shift THE PINK DIAMOND NZ attempted to take a run to the inside of DREAM DEFENCE NZ but shortly thereafter THE PINK DIAMOND NZ was checked and galloped. Stewards believed that had DREAM DEFENCE NZ maintained a straight course THE PINK DIAMOND NZ would not have gained clear running and the protest was dismissed and the all clear given.
    At a subsequent inquiry the driver of DREAM DEFENCE NZ (K Pizzuto) had his driver’s licence suspended for period of 6 weeks under Rule 168(1) which deals with improper driving in that at the 150 metre mark when THE PINK DIAMOND NZ attempted to gain a run to the inside of DREAM DEFENCE NZ driver K Pizzuto steered his horse back down the track and as a result of this shift THE PINK DIAMOND NZ was carried over marker pegs and galloped. In assessing penalty Stewards were mindful that had driver K Pizzuto maintained a straight course on DREAM DEFENCE NZ THE PINK DIAMOND NZ would not have gained clear running to its inside.
    THE PINK DIAMOND NZ after being checked at the 150 metre mark galloped to the finish line. Stewards were comfortably satisfied that THE PINK DIAMOND NZ had not gained ground and had in fact lost ground therefore the mare maintained her fourth placing.
    The driver of INDIA (N Nassis) was fined the sum of $100 under Rule 162(1)(j) for failing to make sufficient effort to be in position prior to the start.

If only my dog had a bill he would quack too.

+ Reply to Thread