Member Yearling Frano1982 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Francis
    Occupation
    Pastrycook
    Horses
    Sun Samurai Teasing Dolly Dagger Open
    Quote Originally Posted by doinmabest View Post
    The stewards would of also considered the margin (9.4m) between the winner and fourth.... I am sure that they must be 100% sure that the interference cost that amount of ground before upholding.....
    The margin is hard to work on considering the horse was just about flattened???

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    All is forgiven VVV clearly your eyes are gone the link to the head on is in my post.

If you can not see that I am not sure watching the replay will help.

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    I am sure the rules relating to protests say the stewards have to be sure the ground lost in an incident must be equal to or greater than the margin between the two...Bill (VOR) might know this better than I

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Indeed. Further to that it is, as I have said numerous times before, nothing short of an astounding thing that a horse on the lead in a close stretch drive will INVARIABLY drift INTO the path of a horse coming at it from behind...be it up the track if the challenger comes at it down the outside or down the track should the challenge come up the inside.
    Bugger me! I wonder why that happens?
    I guess it is some kind of a weird, super natural magnetic field thing.
    In this instance we saw examples of both and all inside 150m from the wire.
    How very fortunate we can once again count ourselves that this unexplained phenomenon has once again been captured & will be forever on file...if for no other reason than simply the sake of posterity.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    I am sure the rules relating to protests say the stewards have to be sure the ground lost in an incident must be equal to or greater than the margin between the two...Bill (VOR) might know this better than I
    [VVV] That's correct Fred...it does...BUT that is a ridiculous concept in and of itself because in effect it dictates that if you are going to cause interference to one or more of your competition then you best make it a reallly good one and be sure to take the other horse/s completely out of play, make sure you knock them arse over head and they end up distanced as opposed to finishing a couple of meters behind you, because that way any protest lodged doesn't stand a chance and you'll get to keep the race.

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Fred

The margin is an irrelevance in this case, I have no doubt had the 4th horse established rightful running to the inside of the winner before the interference the protest would have been up held.

I say this because of the full explanation in the report which to some lenghts to explain that it had fully established running.

The margin is considered only after the evidence establishes if the 4th horse was in the run and going to continue through unhindered if the leader does not shift back in, the head on replay shows without doubt this would not have happened.

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    [VVV] That's correct Fred...it does...BUT that is a ridiculous concept in and of itself because in effect it dictates that if you are going to cause interference to one or more of your competition then you best make it a reallly good one and be sure to take the other horse/s completely out of play, make sure you knock them arse over head and they end up distanced as opposed to finishing a couple of meters behind you, because that way any protest lodged doesn't stand a chance and you'll get to keep the race.
    VVV

Now you are fighting a different battle in relegation verses protests .... not fair, your first post was this was not upheld because the winner was favorite and hence the protest was dismissed on that, the video proves that is in fact not the case..... play nice now stick to the point.

I will not led off the track of your post My name is VOR not Dizzy.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    Spot on VVV. Sets a dangerous precident. Whats 6 weeks when you can put a better driver on next couple of starts. Needs to be a substantial fine as well IMO. Is that what stewards define as foul driving?

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    Cheers Bill.........Thanks for the response

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    VVV

Now you are fighting a different battle in relegation verses protests .... not fair, your first post was this was not upheld because the winner was favorite and hence the protest was dismissed on that, the video proves that is in fact not the case..... play nice now stick to the point.

I will not led off the track of your post My name is VOR not Dizzy.
    Geez mate,you'll cop it now.

+ Reply to Thread