Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Back to Stewarding by the Tote Board

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Further to my post number 27#. Taking into account I didn't get to see any head on vision of the the Bathurst race and after reading the stewards report, either I was watching a different race than the stewards or I can't read a race full stop. Either way, I would suggest K Pizzuto specifically requests the presence of these stewards whenever he is competing from this point on. Or maybe there is a job awaiting some of the panel in the recently vacated NRL video refs box because of recent inept decisions there . Or might I suggest the stewards avert there eyes to the pointy end of the race where all the action was occurring instead of back in the ruck where not too much was happening. Or finally, is it a case, as has been mentioned on this website previously, that when it comes down to being the last race of the night, everyone is in just too much of a hurry to get home, instead of giving the race a full going over and a decent report published, did the stewards say 'oh well the right result prevailed, lets call it a night.'

Not one word about the leading horses mentioned, not one. I am astounded. See the report Race 9.

http://www.harness.org.au/stewards-r...fm?mc=BH140912

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Brad,
    just watched that and I reckon if the the finishing placings had been any different then there would have been plenty of mention, the leader definitly ducks in, but was corrected in time for the right result, so methinks you're right in that it was the last race and "lets get out of here" but at the end of proceedings it wasn't much of an incident given, as said, the horse was corrected and the right result came through. You are right in that it deserved a mention, no risk, but thats about it really, just so the ducking in is on the horses record.

Cheers,
    Dan

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Brad,
    just watched that and I reckon if the the finishing placings had been any different then there would have been plenty of mention, the leader definitly ducks in, but was corrected in time for the right result, so methinks you're right in that it was the last race and "lets get out of here" but at the end of proceedings it wasn't much of an incident given, as said, the horse was corrected and the right result came through. You are right in that it deserved a mention, no risk, but thats about it really, just so the ducking in is on the horses record.

Cheers,
    Dan
    Dan

I finally got around to having a look at this replay, you are partly right the incident does rate a mention and as you say has no influence on the result.

However if you think the horse ducked in you must give interesting evidence in the stewards room because by my reading of the replay the horse is clearly directed in by its driver who when she realises she can not continue in, relieves the pressure, no need for this to placed in the horses record because in my opinion the horse ducked nowhere.

It simply went in the direction it was taken by its driver, weather that be in or out.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    Dan

I finally got around to having a look at this replay, you are partly right the incident does rate a mention and as you say has no influence on the result.

However if you think the horse ducked in you must give interesting evidence in the stewards room because by my reading of the replay the horse is clearly directed in by its driver who when she realises she can not continue in, relieves the pressure, no need for this to placed in the horses record because in my opinion the horse ducked nowhere.

It simply went in the direction it was taken by its driver, weather that be in or out.
    Just watched it again VOR, I'll take back my earlier comment ( and not necessarily agree with you)....the horse appeared to suffer from no particular direction at all!!!

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Just watched it again VOR, I'll take back my earlier comment ( and not necessarily agree with you)....the horse appeared to suffer from no particular direction at all!!!
    Harsh lol

+ Reply to Thread