Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Macau Chief is heading home- Fat Siu Lau's faces threat of Liquidation.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Talking Macau Chief is heading home- Fat Siu Lau's faces threat of Liquidation.

http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/stor...nces-new-boss/

That's the end of Fat Siu Lau's. No more Roasted Pigeons. Sell your shares in Macau Beer Ltd.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/stor...nces-new-boss/

That's the end of Fat Siu Lau's. No more Roasted Pigeons. Sell your shares in Macau Beer Ltd.
    Triple, how on earth did you come across this little gem in our local paper? Is there no story too out-of-the-way for you to access? Just for the record, he is one of Graftons 'favourite' sons and apart from the shock sacking of the previous CEO from the jockey club, I would expect this to be a welcome announcement amongst locals. The clubs standing in recent years as the leading country club has taken a severe battering in recent years and most would see this as a huge step forward to the road of recovery. Most by the same token, would be unaware of the goings on that occurred whilst under his leadership at HRNSW whilst head steward.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

A soldier marches on his stomach...

I heard along the grapevine recently that despite the many and varied cullinary pleasures of the Exotic East, that he has in fact been yearning for the beautiful NSW North Coast and so to be at least within reasonable striking distance of Humble Pies http://www.humblepie.com.au/ at Billinudgel.

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    There is no doubt that the Humble Pies are indeed highly regarded up this way however there is also a mob even closer to the racecourse trading as Pot Belly Pies. Total 100% thumbs up fare that he can grab on the way to work, appetite and taste buds sated.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    I'm getting way off topic but nevertheless, on the Pie Shop score, there's one a lot closer to home here...it's on a corner in the Mall thingo up the main street of Windsor, toward the Bridge/Maquarie Arms end. It's called The Outback Pie Shop. They are excellent also. Many a cold Winter's morning has been brightened considerably by their Coffee, Muffins, Pies, Cornish Pasties & Sausage Rolls & they also do a range of 'cook them yourself at home' chilled take away numbers. Hopefully that plug will be good for a free Chocolate Eclair next time I visit.

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Back to thrust of the topic Jaimie, I wasn't as attuned as I am now with the industry when Michael was running the stewards, and to be honest prior to that his claim to fame was up at Newcastle where he locked horns and made mortal enemies with one A Robbo Robinson on many an occassion. Have googled a bit but have not dug up much. From your perspective can you give an (honest) appraisal of Mr Beatties appointment and time with HRNSW. Cheers.
    Last edited by broncobrad; 09-15-2012 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Got rid of a bit that didn't need to be there

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Heres an update from the local rag on the new appointment. Have been a critic of the CRJC in recent years, especially in regard to way they have managed service of alcohol to already intoxicated patrons and anti-social behaviour of the younger brigade which has put me off going to their bigger days. Seems the board thinks that Mr Beattie will be the messiah returning to put things right.

http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/stor...ie-ceo-jockey/

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    Back to thrust of the topic Jaimie, I wasn't as attuned as I am now with the industry when Michael was running the stewards, and to be honest prior to that his claim to fame was up at Newcastle where he locked horns and made mortal enemies with one A Robbo Robinson on many an occassion. Have googled a bit but have not dug up much. From your perspective can you give an (honest) appraisal of Mr Beatties appointment and time with HRNSW. Cheers.
    [VVV] I periodically encountered 'Robbo' in the Back Bar of The Cricketers Arms Hotel at Cooks Hill, in Newcastle. That was way back when Warren Ryan was still up their coaching their Football Team & the very likeable Dave was the Publican. I am not a big fan of old mate Robbo, I can understand anyone locking horns with him.
    A more over-rated Hoop there quite possibly has never been. He was a Pest.
    Former Harness Racing Regulatory function wise, here in NSW I think Mr. Beattie inherited a Shit Sandwich with all the regenerative properties of The Magic Pudding and he played the hand he was dealt & did so as best he could given the circumstances. Subsequent events appear to have revealed the rot ran a lot deeper than anyone could ever possibly have imagined, himself included.
    You really should ask him about all this yourself when he gets back & when you are next at the Grafton races. I'm sure he'd tell you. You may or may not agree of course, but I'm sure he would tell you if you asked.

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Thanks Jaimie, for while there I didn't think I was gonna get a response.. A shit sandwich it must have been and a difficult situation to boot. I hope his appointment is a positive for the club up here, it really needs some strong leadership and on reputation alone he could well be the man to do the job. A few years ago it was at Grafton that the serial pest broke the record for the most number of wins in a season, he came back to scale to rapturous applause. His footy show exploits certainly raised his profile (or notoriety). The last time I saw Warren Ryan he was demolishing schooners at a Belmore pub back in the early 80's when the 'Berrys' were flying. My Nan used to think he was the closest thing to God and Canterbury WAS the only thing that mattered, Dr George,Robbo (the garbo),the Mortimers and the Hughes Boys, she loved 'em all.

+ Reply to Thread