Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: wagga race club

buster

wagga race club

story on harnesslink about this

potentially could save the sport in the area if they could get the money to re -develop but of course the deadsh!ts at the show society and greyhound club want to ruin it

i dont know if the show society understand this but no one gives a crap if it is 5 minutes out of town they will go for the 1 day a year its on...and instead want to hold everyone in the dark ages for the sake of tradition

ps -wagga is one of the worst, flattest, slowest track in the state and badly need a new one for horse welfare

triplev123
    I hear ya Buster. I hear ya loud & clear. Similar minded Bozos hold sway across a number of tracks/venues throughout NSW.
    The sooner Harness Racing in this State completely divests itself from the influence of... or from at the very least needing to consult...Show Societies and Dishlicker groups, the better. What a truly unholy alliance those two parties make. Let them go blow dry their Chickens and chase the neighbourhood Cats somewhere else.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    story on harnesslink about this

potentially could save the sport in the area if they could get the money to re -develop but of course the deadsh!ts at the show society and greyhound club want to ruin it

i dont know if the show society understand this but no one gives a crap if it is 5 minutes out of town they will go for the 1 day a year its on...and instead want to hold everyone in the dark ages for the sake of tradition

ps -wagga is one of the worst, flattest, slowest track in the state and badly need a new one for horse welfare
    Been in the pipeline for quite some time but things look to be moving quicker now - no doubt a positive effect of the HP sale.
    Sooner the club gets away from the show society the better - will be much better off financially. I havent read the harnesslink article yet but the greyhound club doesnt want to move when the Harness club moves.
    I cant remember the last time Wagga had an upgrade - will be good too see some more of our horses breaking 2 minutes and Wagga finally catch up to the rest of the regular TAB clubs! 2.00 at Wagga is 1.56 or even quicker at Menangle imo so hopefully the 1000m track means we have some more horses breaking 2 minutes! Although todays racing I noticed some extra slow times - although I wasnt there it rained pretty heavy yesterday/last night and it doesnt take much for the track to turn to sh*t.

aussiebreno
    Just read the article...the show society have said they will not sell. Stubborn bastards should though.

buster
    its because they've put nothing into it so they'll f** all out of compensation

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    its because they've put nothing into it so they'll f** all out of compensation
    $15-$20million has been branded about plus council helping find a location and set up...I don't believe everything in the local paper though.

+ Reply to Thread