Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 9:47 pm at Bathurst tonight Buster- I'm throwing it out there

triplev123

9:47 pm at Bathurst tonight Buster- I'm throwing it out there

Put in a very good effort after a gate break at Penrith last week. Drawn well, should be a reasonable price. There's your Olive branch. You only get one so hug it to your bosom & put your money down.
    Last edited by triplev123; 02-03-2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: spelling again

buster
    as a rule i dont bet at bathurst but i thought n day's filly should be able to overcome his lack of ability and win

buster
    need to give your driver the flick, when your driving to run 2nd you definitely dont make the biggest rookie move - moving out in front of another horse to get the 1x1

he might be able to train so let him stick to training the horse

triplev123
    Shorty leases her and Ben trains and drives her and they make their own decisions. Nothing to do with me. What they decide to do with her is their own business.
    Your comments highlight how people see things so differently Buster. I thought it was a good, positive drive actually. No point him sitting cold 1x1 then ending up 1x2 & inside the three wide horses especially with the sectionals the leader & eventual winner was being allowed to get away with (41.1 then 64.5). He had to pull to get & stay forward when Shiney Beach came. Not to do so leaves him buried with no chance at all. 3W drops off and she gets out earlier and they finish a lot closer. It didn't. The Blind Switch claims yet another victim. Such is life.

buster
    i would argue that the 1x1 isnt a position to be doing extra work for, you still have to come 3 wide around the bend unless in the unlikely event that the death seat horse can crush the leader and move down to the markers

and you know how tough it is to come wide around that bend, so even tougher after you've already done work out a gate and then to go to the 1x1 again

i actually really hate the idea of the 1x1 especially around 800 and 100m tracks, not so bad at menangle as you have plenty of time to get out, but fred hastings should really be calling behind the leader the 'sweet seat' as it is the run of the race on any track

and how do people like me get leases on bettors delight fillies?

triplev123
    Yeh, I understand what you're saying there.
    Those bends at Bathurst are tough. I've always hated that first turn with 2yos.
    The problem is that you're pretty much buggered if you do & you're definitely buggered if you don't.
    I don't like the 1/2 & 5/8ths tracks period...and wish that they would all go the way of the Dinosaurs.
    If you really do want to lease one we've got a nice 3yo filly that's maybe 4 weeks or so off qualifying.
    She's good gaited & she has speed. If you will give her a chance then you are more than welcome.
    PM me if you're keen.

Flashing Red
    I don't think 5/8ths are as bad as halves. But in saying that, there is mighty competitive racing at Chester (little Meadowlands!), Poconos and of course Yonkers which are 5/8th, 5/8th and 1/2m respectively. The bigger the track however, the harder it is to team drive, which is why the bigger the track the better I like it. I mean if Australia got a nice clay track like the Poconos, even if it was a 5/8th, I think it would be fantastic. A very kind track. (But I'm personally all for 7/8th and mile tracks for both reducing injuries and team driving)

Flashing Red
    I didn't watch the said race nor am I commenting on it, but I hate the 1-1 personally! 9 times out of 10 you don't get out up here - gah!

triplev123
    That's right. If you're one off the plylons when the 3W train forms up at the bell at Albion Park, you're there for good.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    That's right. If you're one off the plylons when the 3W train forms up at the bell at Albion Park, you're there for good.
    Apart from leader and leaders back, and sometimes even 3rd on the peg, 1out1back is the best spot to be. It just gets abused - you are in prime position to be the first to pull out yet drivers think, "I'm close to the leaders I dont need to pull out yet". Its driven defencively yet needs to be driven attackingly. Constantly you see horses 4 and 5 back in the running line being driven attackingly and coming out; the drivers in the 1-1 and to a lesser extent 1-2 need to be more attacking rather then a wait and see mentality. (of course you need the horsepower to be attacking though). Its a pet peeve of mine the shocking driving from the 1-1 position.

+ Reply to Thread