Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Palais Du Louvre scores- congrats Paul & Luke

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
    It depends on your choice of stallion and how much you wish to spend on a service fee. If I am using a recipient mare I always select a highly credentialed stallion . Rocknroll Hanovers service fee is $11000. Vet fees for scanning , testing etc and embryo retrieval ,placement in recipient mare and the continuation of her pregnancy is approx$1000.
    When the recipient mare has held the pregnancy for 42 days she becomes the responsibility of the of the donor mares owner. I then pay $2200 to ' rent' the mare for 18 months from our Vet. Because we have our own farm our costs for looking after the mare are minimal. I do not consider it an expensive exercise to obtain an early foal from a good racemare or from a mare that can not carry a foal full term.
    Thanks for that Bonnie. Sure sounds like a viable option for the better mares.

I note the rent is for 18 months. Does this mean that mare can only 1 foal every two years. Or possibly you could rent for 2 x 18 months and get 2 foals in 3 years?

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    TC

I stand to be corrected, but Im pretty certain 15 days is too late for an embryo flush. It is generally done at 7-8 days.
    No i stand corrected. Didnt read wot i wrote. Shud be 7 days as Anne said..apologies.I

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Mrs Anderson, TC and Harvey. Thank you for your help. Cheers

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    The recipient mare is returned to the Vet once the foal is weaned , hence the period of approx 18 months . You are correct in saying that the recipient mare has one foal every 2years , however the Vet has a herd of over 100 mares to choose from. If I wish to breed NG next year using a recipient another suitable mare will be supplied from the herd at the start of the season.

aussiebreno
    Cheers Bonnie thought that may have been the case.

Member Yearling ARTOFFICIAL will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Damien Saxon
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
    The recipient mare is returned to the Vet once the foal is weaned , hence the period of approx 18 months . You are correct in saying that the recipient mare has one foal every 2years , however the Vet has a herd of over 100 mares to choose from. If I wish to breed NG next year using a recipient another suitable mare will be supplied from the herd at the start of the season.
    Seven Creeks Equine Anne?

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    Yes.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Palais Du Louvre is expected to get a call up for MM after breaking the track record at Melton tomorrow night! That is the word from its owner!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    Palais Du Louvre is expected to get a call up for MM after breaking the track record at Melton tomorrow night! That is the word from its owner!

Yes. Just looked out the window and it's all falling into place...
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread