Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Canola cup

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando

Thumbs up Canola cup

Another great day's racing at Eugowra today with 9 races conducted. The 2.00 mark was broken in 6 race's with the 1700 mtr track record smashed by Karloo Mick running 1.55.8 mr for the journey last half 57,2 and last 1/4 in 28.0 .
    Beetson trained by Peter Trevor Jones of Bathurst won the Canola Cup race rating 1.58.9 over the 2100 mts journey with closing fractions of 29.4 and 29.3 for a 58.7 last half.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    And Mark was his usual brilliant best... Showed again why is the master of the craft...
    Congratz to all the big winners on the day

aussiebreno
    Time to get the trundle wheel out!!

Junior Member Foal Loz1502 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mel Young
    Horses
    Browngirlintherain, Our Usain Bolt
    Great day out at Eugowra. Aussiebreno being on track I can attest to the hectic pace of the races. I of course didn't pack a trundle wheel as I headed to the track but I only remember saying on one occasion "gee they are walking early" the others were "something surely has to come from the back". Not a single person on track would have cared if Karloo Mick went 2:12.3 over the distance, if they had a grandstand the roof would have lifted.
    Big congrats to the Eugowra club for getting Mark back from across the ditch, it was a blessing to hear someone that can call a race after enduring the past few weeks of rubbish elsewhere.

Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Brenno measure all you like the times are spot on Eugowra has long been in the top 2 tracks in the Western District's .

aussiebreno
    Sorry guys should have expanded on my post, I wasn't degrading the track just complimenting performances of the horses.

Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Didn't look a compliment to the horses to me . It looked you were implying the track distances weren't right .

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Didn't look a compliment to the horses to me . It looked you were implying the track distances weren't right .
    Yep, sorry, I should have expanded on my post. Again, I wasn't degrading the track just complimenting performances of the horses.

Real Name
    Greg Hando
    O'k

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Thought the win of old Karloo Mick in the Memorial was the highlight of bush racing this year. Twelve yrs old, first up, parked in the death (as usual), was never going to win until two strides out and he realised, crikey thats the post and stuck his big noggin out, and in track record time to boot. Down the straight I was thinking some people just don't know when to retire their faithful old warriors. More fool me, what would I know. Barry Lew, legend. Knows his horse back to front, great stuff. How good were the mile rates, the quality of horse flesh, crowd numbers, the calls and coverage. There must be a commitee out there that knows what they are doing. Big thumbs up!!!

+ Reply to Thread