Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Premium Gold Sale????

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)

Premium Gold Sale????

Did anyone get to this sale, or have any thoughts on the results.

APGOLD have not provided a live video link??
    It is dissapointing for all those in harness racing that cannot make it to the sales, but do not worry we can watch some other major events around the world live while the sales are on. Cutting horses, wood chopping, collage football, someones barn in Denmark, and don't forget sexygirl81's live web cam
    The cost to provide this to the harness racing public must be to much for APGOLD, I do not know how these other major events can afford it
    Last edited by justdoit; 02-04-2011 at 11:17 PM. Reason: and don't forget sexygirl81's live web cam:)

nat
    It is disapointing wasnt it 2 years a go they had live web cast and updates on sale's

nat
    These are the thing NZ leave us in OZ dead in the water for ready to run sale live web video and updates and every race in it's entireity and not a bad format

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Hi Nat,
    The NZers have taken on much more of a NA format and it is great, the Australians when it comes to these things IMO can be a little slow Technology can be tricky
    Did the APG have free alcohol?
    Last edited by justdoit; 02-05-2011 at 07:04 AM. Reason: tricky

nat
    Wouldnt know about the grog I was home building an Ark for all the rain (Lol)

I have bought a few NZ horse and looked at a 100 more and its grate that you can look up the races, trials & breeding aswell as see any video of race aswell as any photos taken. I do a lot of computer browsing and the NZ site very user friendly

triplev123
    I'm very disappointed that it has been dropped. It seems as though the APG tried it, initially it didn't work all that well so rather than attempting to make some improvements & try again they just shut it down all together. I'm puzzled by that because it is not that hard. My 9yo daughter could set one up. A good quality webcam aimed at the sales ring and another aimed at a plain background would allow for both coverage of the horses being sold & alternately a few on the spot interviews with Vendors, Buyers, Trainers & so on. That's how you put a bit of feel into the sale. You only have to see the ringside/stable row interviews they conduct during the Magic Millions for a heads up of how to do it. Furthermore a couple of good quality webcams and the hardwear to support them would cost 4/5ths of bugger all relatively. The feed out of Harrisburg this year was excellent & it was also in a format such that if you missed anything you could download a recording of the webcast it and replay it later on.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    last night was very disappointing IMO. about 5 high priced lots and the rest pretty disappointing.

Of the 89 lots, at least 20 were buybacks.

Fillies just dont get prices they deserve. The average filly price is WAY below that of the colts

Not a single Falcon Seelster lot sold - all 4 were buybacks

There were 5 Cullens - 2 were buybacks, 2 sold for 20K and 1 sold for 10K - all way below the service fee paid

triplev123
    G'day Mightymo,

My initial reaction is that those results are very, very difficult to impossible to distinguish from any normal sale day session.
    I'm sure it's also the case the buyers know that not all of the good ones were nominated for/in the Premium Sale & that there are still a swag of very good prospects set to go under the hammer both tomorrow and again in Sydney in 3 weeks time.

Member Filly peacheymagic will become famous soon enough peacheymagic's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    You're spot on there Nat the australian harness racing site is miles behind in terms of being user friendly compared to the nz site. What good are video replays when you only get to see the last lap? Its tough to analyse a race when you only see the last lap. how is a punter or potential owner mean't to know if the horse has gate speed or not, stepped well from the stand or missed it.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Mightymo
    One of the falcon colts was mine and yes it was a buy back i've since bought the other owners out as i was not prepared to let him go at that price. I think i had a realistic price on him and i normally only race fillies but you can't just give them away.

Hi Triplev123
    To be honest with you the A.P.G lot need to get a bomb put under them, last night whilst at the sale's i had phone calls comming left right and centre asking where the live view link was and i thought they would be showing it for sure. If it's meant to be a premium sale surely they can have live web cast for interested viewers. There's some cost cutting going on but where is the money going?
    Last edited by mango; 02-06-2011 at 12:06 AM.

+ Reply to Thread