Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ok seriously what are you Australians giving your horses?

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterK View Post
    Mr Feelgood was New Zealand trained for a while and arent some of the owners New Zealanders?
    You may have pretty good horses but so do we and it makes it hard to come overseas and race over 3 consecutive weeks on a new track.
    Whats a Collingwood fan?
    If Mr Feelgood is a kiwi then Auckland Reactor is an Aussie.
    Collingwood is a football team. Their supporters are very one eyed.

Member Yearling MasterK is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Kurt Breen
    Occupation
    Student
    Yea and clearly Phar Lap was an aussie

Member Yearling Shakamaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Yea and clearly Phar Lap was an aussie
    He was. How many times did he race in NZ?

Real Name
    Kurt Breen
    Occupation
    Student
    Actually Phar Lap was born in NZ about 5mins from where i am at the moment and raced many times in NZ and was owned by New Zealanders.
    Our race track 2mins down the road from where i live is called Phar Lap raceway

aussiebreno
    Actually Phar Lap was born in NZ about 5mins from where i am at the moment and raced many times in NZ and was owned by New Zealanders.
    Our race track 2mins down the road from where i live is called Phar Lap raceway
    Dont make up stuff. He never raced in NZ. He was bred in NZ but owned and trained and 'took citizenship' in Australia from an early age. Clearly Australian.
    When Australian-bred thoroughbreds are sold at the yearling sales and race succesfully in Dubai or other exotic locations the media always refer to them as Australian-BRED - if I had the time I could source out many a Sky Channel reporter calling them Australian-BRED. Yet when a Kiwi-bred is sold overseas NZ always like to claim them as NZ through and through.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    I know its some time away but can't wait for this years Miracle Mile - six in the field, ITMQ parked on them, the only horse capable of a 55 sec or faster last half - cant wait to see that.

Real Name
    Kurt Breen
    Occupation
    Student
    Aussiebreno thats so dumb look at the logic there. He was born in New Zealand making him a kiwi, you cant just say because he only raced in Australia.
    Thats like me coming to live in Aussie and then suddenly claiming i'm not a kiwi anymore.
    If we look at all sports in general the national team is made up of people born or who have close relatives of that country.
    To say that he is Australian because he races there is ridiculous.

Real Name
    Kurt Breen
    Occupation
    Student
    I like how you contradict yourself by saying if Aussie bred horses are sold/race overseas they are Australian but if its a kiwi horse then we can not claim it.
    Hey maybe you should stop making stuff up and figure out your statement before making a fool of yourself.
    If a poor horse was shipped to Aussie then you would say its ours but if a legendary horse is shipped to Aussie then you'll claim it as yours.
    So in your opinion (and let me assure you it is only an opinion) is ITMQ a New Zealand Horse or a Aussie one?
    What about Sundon's Gift?

aussiebreno
    Aussiebreno thats so dumb look at the logic there. He was born in New Zealand making him a kiwi, you cant just say because he only raced in Australia.
    Thats like me coming to live in Aussie and then suddenly claiming i'm not a kiwi anymore.
    If we look at all sports in general the national team is made up of people born or who have close relatives of that country.
    To say that he is Australian because he races there is ridiculous.
    He came to Australia at an early age. Interesting you bring up national sides. Look at the England cricket team, Peitersen and a couple others may have been born in South Africa but they have chose England as their country; a debutante during the summer for Australia has Pakistani parents and looks every bit Pakistani, but he has lived in Aust and chose to play for Australia. In the rugby league state of origin series in Australia half the Queensland side are imports! Another cricket example I just thought off, a bloke who couldnt even make state cricket in the 90s went over to Zimbabwe and played test match cricket against Australia!

You obviously missed my argument. We call them Australia-BRED (notice BRED in capital letters) whereas you guys call them New Zealanders FULLSTOP. And you were calling me the fool! Notice the difference yet or do you want me to go through it a little but slower?

ITMQ and SG are both now Australian.

Im stuggling to think of any Australian horses who then went to NZ. Maybe a horse called Lord Vadar did. He is now a New Zealander.

EDIT: Anyway this is beside the point. Mr Feelgood was trained by Butt for what; 12months? Half that time he was in Australia anyway; Mr Feelgood didnt even grace NZ land until after he won the ID!!!!

triplev123
    It's not Harness related but this thread caused me to recall one of the funniest assumed 'origin' related things I've ever seen on TV. A commentator asked this footballer in one of those on the field after the game live-to-air interviews how he felt about missing out on the Indigenous All-Stars team or some such thing...and the bloke looked stunned & said he wasn't even in the running because he wasn't Aboriginal, he just had very tanned olive skin from being out in the sun all the time. Priceless. The moral is never assume anything.

+ Reply to Thread