Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: mildura Trots

Banned Weanling 3 back the fence will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brodie Garran

Thumbs down mildura Trots

Did anyone see race 2 at mildura tuesday night? I backed lifeshortgohard the driver never gave it any chance and the stewards let him off. no wonder the turn around on trots is no where near the gallops. teacherspet@stewardslovedasher.com.au

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Perhaps you should be venting your spleen at the driver of the 35/1 shot who refused to hand up the death and then proceeded to drop out. Did he get any time?

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    Perhaps you should be venting your spleen at the driver of the 35/1 shot who refused to hand up the death and then proceeded to drop out. Did he get any time?
    Yeah, this. 99/100 drivers would have relinquished the death. Dasher done the right thing once it became clear the death wasn't there, yes he covers more ground out 3 wide, but going back he would have had to make up that ground plus more.
    Maybe for the owners/trainers going back and thinking about next week would have been the right thing, but for punters he done the right thing.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    The drive on Royal Verdict last night at Shep was far far worse. As far as lacking ingenuity goes, it was one of the worst of all time.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    I saw it the same as brenno. Not one of his best. Usually Douglas comes out hummin and signals his intent nice and early. I don't think he was expecting the death horse to kick up like it did. But if everyone just handed up without a contest it would get pretty boring after a while. Don't think it was crook, just a so so drive that got what it deserved.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrain View Post
    The drive on Royal Verdict last night at Shep was far far worse. As far as lacking ingenuity goes, it was one of the worst of all time.
    That horse has been subject to a few bad drives in the past.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Correct. And still the trainer wont sack the driver!

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Fair dinkum you blokes amaze me Ian Dornauf trains and drives ROYAL VERDICT and has won over $500,000 in stakes money and driven it in most of its runs, talk about bagging somebody,

When I first set foot on a racetrack 40 years ago the first piece of advice I got was" never take advice from someone going worse than yourself", pretty sure Ian wont be on the phone asking for driving tips boys.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    Fair dinkum you blokes amaze me Ian Dornauf trains and drives ROYAL VERDICT and has won over $500,000 in stakes money and driven it in most of its runs, talk about bagging somebody,

When I first set foot on a racetrack 40 years ago the first piece of advice I got was" never take advice from someone going worse than yourself", pretty sure Ian wont be on the phone asking for driving tips boys.
    So people can't make judgement just because they haven't attained the same level? The races won by Royal verdict indicate he is a pretty talented horse and Dornauf is a pretty good trainer. Am I allowed to make judgement of Dornaufas a trainer because I haven't trained a winner? Craig Bellamy played reserve grade qld cup, yet tells players like Cameron smith, BIlly SLater, Greg INglis etc what to do. Lucky those players never got the advice you got. While we are at it we better shut down the media...
    Now I feel as if I need to qualify my comments. July 2 2010 Melton, vicbred semi, stewards qdt of Dornaufand suspended for six weeks from memory.
    Last edited by aussiebreno; 10-13-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Sorry Bill didn't realise a good horse could be driven poorly. I would have thought it would be a good one that's most beneficial to hook? My mistake.
    I heard a saying once also. "A wise man can learn from a fool, however a fool will not learn from a wise man."
    Last edited by Gtrain; 10-13-2012 at 01:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread