Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: One less

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Other aspects aside, it might only be a Class 3 BUT that stuff would shoot a Horse's liver to pieces.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Hard to find much on its use in horses VVV and in regard to liver although it can lead to an elevated protein level. But the risk of gastro-intestinal bleeding is significantly raised and contra-indicated in humans for renal impairment, chronic pain management, obstetrics etc. It can even contribute to odema and would be an undesirable side effect as well. Bottom line, it shouldn't have been there.

Member Gelding Tangles will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mj mcmillian
    Quite a difference in penalties between Harness racing and that being dished out to the Gallop trainers.
    Gollan fined $4000 after positive swab

Australian Horse RacingOctober 30, 2012 5:48 pm
    Leading trainer Tony Gollan has been fined $4000 following a positive swab inquiry. Silver Command, trained by Gollan, returned a post-race swab sample containing the prohibited substance testosterone after he won at Doomben on September 5. At a stewards inquiry held at the Racing Queensland offices at Deagon on Monday

Read more: http://www.justhorseracing.com.au/ca...#ixzz2AmShRMtA

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Reconciling differences in how penaltys are arrived at just does my head in. In contrast to Gollan winning a metropolitan race with a horse with more than the prescribed amount of testosterone allowed and copping a $4,000 fine, Coffs Harbour trainer Gordon Yorke went for the same thing last year at Grafton but he was fined $7,000 for a lowly country maiden. I'm sure someone can point out to me what it is that I cannot see. Is it a case of apples and apples or is it just a lucky dip?

http://www.racingandsports.com.au/ra...ke_Fined_$7000
    Last edited by broncobrad; 10-31-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: added the link

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Tangles, Brad,
    has anyone consulted VOR on this?
    cos if anyone can come up with a feasable answer it'll be VOR. I also find it completely bewildering the difference between penalties for the two equine sports for the same substance, alah recent lengthy suspensions/disqualifications for the "red hots" versus a piddling fine for the "sport of kings".

as stated VOR will come up with a plausible answer to this, just haven't heard from him recently, maybe he's been busy moving or something like that.

Cheers,
    Dan

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    He does add clarity in his own inimitable way to all things above us we mortals, however I doubt he could convince us with any degree of certainty in just how seemingly miniscule variations in almost identical situations can lead to such massive chasms in determinations of penaltys.

But more importantly Dan, whats this you say about TVOR possibly on the move?

This no doubt, can only be in response to his impending loss of a $5 lottery ticket wager with moi drawing closer. Thats right, watch this space because 13 November is D-Day for Boldenone Case Part 2, if yet another adjournment doesn't materialise. Then when the dust settles and penaltys are meted out, we can again gasp in awe at the variations handed down as opposed to the fines, costs and disqualification period already paid and served by Mr Lew.

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Brad

You are 100% not only can I not convince you I will not even try to convince you that the penalty structure between the two codes in NSW can be justified because it can not, I only try and explain things when I think you "mere mortals" are heading off an an incorrect tangent.

The issue here is penalties and the simple yet not totally explainable facts are this, NSW harness have always been tougher than the Gallops with swab penalties , personally I think there could be an argument that is should be the other way round when you consider the stake money both are competing for and the amount of turnover each will generate.

In relation to Queensland in both codes they have always been under NSW.

The problem in some way becomes self supporting from a legal standpoint in relation to consistency in penalties. If say the Queensland Stewards had fined Gollan $7000 for the positive and the last 20 penalties in Queensland had all been under $5000 they would have rightfully got smashed at appeal and Mr Gollan's fine would have been varied to be inline with similar Queensland penalties.

In NSW gallops the penalties be they right or wrong are pretty consistent, most gallops trainers keep accurate treatment records and those that do not are usually penalised an additional amount at the inquiry. Two gallops trainers were fined this week in NSW for such offences.

Consistency in penalties in each code is all we can ask for and expect, given that different boards make the policy it is the stewards job in each state to uphold the policy in their own state.

This is part of the reason the HRNSW Board made their new swab penalties policy such a public document so the stewards would have something tangible to hang their collective hats on when they upped the penalties, that way they were some hope of holding them at appeal.

I will have to check that bet Brad I can not see how I will possibly owe you a ticket..... and Danno no movement here just no need for any clarity for THEVOICEOFREASON.

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    G'day Bill

You certainly hit the nail on the head with the disparity between harness and gallops, I take your point re: prizemoney v penalty. But as a harness fan, I can only see this in a good light for our sport. People would shake their heads in disbelief if you were to tell Joe Average that harness penaltys in relation to drugs is dealt with in the harshest of terms compared to their thoroughbred brothers, especially in NSW since July when the new extremely tough (but warranted) penaltys were introduced.

You raised a good point with those two gallops trainers being fined for two very interesting reasons. Financially inadequate in the case of Brett Bellamy who was found to have an unmarked and unidentified substance in his stable $2,400 in total for what could have been the latest rocket fuel available or just plain water, the public will never know. See the link http://www.racingnsw.com.au/default....splay&id=13034

Then old mate Luke Griffith gets pinged $5,300 in total for presenting Dysturb to the track with Prednisolone in its system, a drug most of our older relatives take as a given for their arthritis. Don't make 'em go faster but they sure feel better in themselves. http://www.racingnsw.com.au/default....splay&id=13036

Hard to follow isn't it? They train under the same jurisdiction, but anyway thats the thoroughbreds.

Now Bill that little lapse in your memory relates to the Luke McCarthy thread, in particular posts #103 and #106. Now, I don't just give 'em away Bill, its 50/50 down the line, thats just the gentlemens way. Tune in to 13 November.

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    G'day Bill

You certainly hit the nail on the head with the disparity between harness and gallops, I take your point re: prizemoney v penalty. But as a harness fan, I can only see this in a good light for our sport. People would shake their heads in disbelief if you were to tell Joe Average that harness penaltys in relation to drugs is dealt with in the harshest of terms compared to their thoroughbred brothers, especially in NSW since July when the new extremely tough (but warranted) penaltys were introduced.

You raised a good point with those two gallops trainers being fined for two very interesting reasons. Financially inadequate in the case of Brett Bellamy who was found to have an unmarked and unidentified substance in his stable $2,400 in total for what could have been the latest rocket fuel available or just plain water, the public will never know. See the link http://www.racingnsw.com.au/default....splay&id=13034

Then old mate Luke Griffith gets pinged $5,300 in total for presenting Dysturb to the track with Prednisolone in its system, a drug most of our older relatives take as a given for their arthritis. Don't make 'em go faster but they sure feel better in themselves. http://www.racingnsw.com.au/default....splay&id=13036

Hard to follow isn't it? They train under the same jurisdiction, but anyway thats the thoroughbreds.

Now Bill that little lapse in your memory relates to the Luke McCarthy thread, in particular posts #103 and #106. Now, I don't just give 'em away Bill, its 50/50 down the line, thats just the gentlemens way. Tune in to 13 November.
    Now Brad

Here is a quote from the McCarthy thread your comment not mine I hasten in post number 102 ......

"If he beats this charge Bill or indeed gets it downgraded I will buy you a $5 lottery ticket."

In reply in post number 103 I say

"$5 to nothing is about the same odds I think Luke is of beating the charge as well, you can however rest assured if he does I will be waiting for the ticket."

As I have said on many occasions you have to look at the detail of the evidence .... and on that evidence I can not possibly ever owe you a ticket because I never bet against you.

Sorry but evidence is evidence and this lot is impossible to dispute.

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    You are a hard man to pin down Bill...all the same I think I am pretty safe.

+ Reply to Thread