Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    [VVV] He is a Rig for sure Dan. He lost one of his Jatz to cancer a while back now.
    OOPS! as much as I hate cheats, I don't hate anyone in the world enough to delilberately laugh at their misfortune or stuggles...Danno really feels like a dick head this time!

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    You're not to know that Dan. I only know because I saw it on some Doco they once ran on ESPN. That I remember it bothers me actually.
    In the hopefully long distant future, the issues experienced with Lance Armstrong's junk is not something I want to recall out of the blue whilst I'm sitting on the veranda of some Old Folks Home with a tartan rug over my knees and a cup of tea.

Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Horses
    No Stars
    On a lighter note Jamie, I reckon a nurse on the/her knees and a small scotch will be something to look forward to rather than the cuppa and the tartan rug!!

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Steady Dan, my sweet thing has been away for 2 weeks in Europe on business and Big W have run out of Angora Gloves.

Banned Gelding mary will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mary hughes
    Did anyone watch the interview with Oprah?.
    If so any thoughts.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by mary View Post
    Did anyone watch the interview with Oprah?.
    If so any thoughts.
    Not sorry, just sorry he got caught. Very arrogant and insincere.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Spot on Breno. Like all of us, old mate was born with free will & he went for the $$$razoos$$$. That's fine, that's the path he chose.
    I'm just disappointed for the many tens of thousands of kids who no doubt looked up to the guy as someone verging upon a real life Superman...only to have it revealed that he has had more holes punched in him than Jocky Wilson's Dart Board.
    One thing's for certain. Mine is by no means a Temple but you can't mess with your body to that extreme degree & not have it exact a high price somewhere down the line. Wouldn't be at all surprised if his Cancer episode was in some way related related to whatever he was up to. If he has messed with all he is said to have been messing with over the years, I reckon he has got some health horrors ahead of him.

Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Horses
    No Stars
    Can't say I watched all of it but my cynical side got the impression that Lance doesn't really get it.
    Performing an act, it seemed to me, the only genuine sorrow from lance is that he got caught, as Brenno said.

I heard on the news some cycling/sports official described it as " a public relations exercise" and the few bits and pieces I saw gave me that impression as well.

I suppose when you are where he has been, and on your way to where he is going, you will probably clutch at straws ( thanks Brenno).

The whole affair simply underlines to me that if you are performing way beyond what has been humanly possible in the past, there may be some unearthed factors involved. And I would not wish ill will an anybody, but Lance needs to lose here as he has significant ill gained financial benefits from cheating others out of what should have been theirs, it's a type of theft which, when caught a person should suffer consequences for several reasons, not least of which to discourage copy cats.

Cheers,
    Dan

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    You're right Dan, he comes across as though he still doesn't get it. Seems like he has rationalised it all to himself so many times over the years that he has effectively self-brainwashed.
    The other thing to remember is there's no question a whole lot of other people directly and indirectly connected to him/in his overall support structure also made a whole of lot of $$$ along the way. He is in reality the point man of what was/is a mini Corporation. The Management, Personal Trainers, Doctors & assorted hangers would've all gotten their whack. Like the Victor Conte/Patrick Arnold/BALCO crew that created/sold THG and were behind Barry Bonds, Marrion Jones etc. It's all about the $$$razoos$$$.

aussiebreno
    I do feel a tad bit sorry for Lance, in only that he is copping everything for not only his own but his teams doings. But he guess he got all the glory as well.

VVV, a status on facebook was put up last night in support of Lance. Old mate tried comparing Lances EPO use to that of AFL/NRL footballers getting locals. I've been restraining myself from commenting ever since.

+ Reply to Thread