Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Australian pacing championship/west australian pacing championship

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh

Australian pacing championship/west australian pacing championship

This needs to be renamed THE WEST AUSTRALIAN PACING CHAMPIONSHIP.
    It's about as much a Group 1 as the Tassie Group 1's...

Member Gelding Village Kid will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance
    Have to agree with that.

The WA Pacing Cup and Fremantle Cup were terrific races, but without Imthemightyquinn/Washakie/Ima Rocket Star/Dasher VC and with Has the Answers totally out of form this is just another Gloucester Park Friday night FFA.

3 Grand Circuit Races in just over a month might be one too many in the west.

Senior Member Colt Phoenix will become famous soon enough Phoenix's Avatar
    Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    The Australian Pacing Championship should return to being rotated around Australia so that the race reflects the name.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Whatever happened to the Australian Pacing Championship,with a name as such you think it would be the most important race on the Australian pacing circuit. It used to be rotated from state to state but now it seems to be a permanent fixture here in the west. Apart from the interdominions,which also includes N.Z. we don't have a truly Australian championship. Every state has it's major races and that's it. It's about time it was promoted as our No 1 race.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    just looking at the APC field. Maorisidol, excluding the top group 1 horses you would not get a better FFA field anywhere in Aust at the moment and as for Tassie G1's there not even on the radar.All your east cost horses are welcome in the west to contest the big races anytime but we rarely see them,particularly from Vic.

buster
    yeah nice ffa field, but they should be racing for 20k

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Mighty Atom,
    Yeah no doubt its a good quality FFA field...best in Australia? Could be a good debate on that...
    The obvious reason Eastern state horses dont get there much is distance,
    the other reasons are a small old track,
    and for me for what i see on the telly with Eastern horses who do venture across for good races, they get absolutely smashed by opposition Perth drivers! If i had a horse to take over, there is no way in hell i would mainly because of the last reason!

aussiebreno
    Surprised they didnt stay over there with Washakie.
    Best FFA in Aust? I dont think so.

QLD
    BAF
    Mr F
    BGJohnny
    Washakie
    Tip Your Hat
    Be Diligent
    Destreos
    Soon to be For A Reason, Lanercost.

Vic
    Smoken Up
    Melpark Major
    Villagem
    Make Mine Cullen
    Karlsruhe
    Tanabi Bromac
    Bold Cruiser
    Cincinnati Kid
    Mister Swinger
    Tear It All Away
    Standelle
    Lets Slash N Burn
    Our Malabar

NSW
    Karloo Mick
    Hesa Buzzin
    Min Min Lights
    Lonestar Legend
    Rohan Home
    Magic Operative
    Brahman Boy
    Slick Bromac
    Vegas Bound
    Rockets Reject
    Magic Operative
    Twelve Paces
    Saucy Legend
    Franco Nester

Tas
    Gedlee

SA
    Conte Centovalli
    Conte De Christo

WA
    Imthemighyquinn
    Has The Answers
    Ima Spicy Lombo
    Ima Rocket Star
    Mysta Magical Mac
    Son of Fergie
    A bunch of horses who would be M1/M2 in Victoria.

Queensland has the least but the best.
    Victoria has quantity and quality
    NSW has quantity but no real quality.
    Tas and SA are minnows.

If somebody gave me a choice of a random FFA at either Hobart, Globe Derby, Gloucester Park, Albion Park, Menangle or Melton I would definately choose either Vic or Qld.

triplev123
    Kinda like the Australian Derby I guess. It has been conducted in Tassie for the past 4-5 yrs+. The Australian Oaks is the same. It has been in VIC for quite a long time.

Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    aussiebreno, with regards to the bunch of W.A. horses being M1/M2 in Victoria,just like to jolt your memory that ITMQ has just been treating all the Vic horses like a lot of MO's let alone M1's or 2's. You do keep banging on about Villagem and Make Mine Cullen over there and from what I've seen lately they have either trained off or are overrated.Our Malabar has been racing over here and has been lost in transit and I dare say so would a lot of the others.

+ Reply to Thread