Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pedigree Questions

Junior Member Foal sarahblu813 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Sarah Hartley

Pedigree Questions

I foster a 4 year old Standardbred gelding at a local horse rescue and I used his freezebrand to see if he was registered. I found him, but he was registered Unnamed. I'm new to the Standardbred world, so I wanted to find out and see if anyone could find out more about his bloodlines. I've done alot of research on his sire's side. His sire is Three Olives, who is the son of Jenna's Beach Boy (Beach Towel). I also looked up his dam's (Mood Indigo) pedigree, which seemed very sucessful (but I honestly don't know) because it includes horses named Abercrombie (Silent Majority) and Henry T Adios. Am I on the right track and do any of these names stand out to anyone? Please let me know! I really want to learn more about these horses.

I also haven't had a chance to research my horse's dam yet, but if anyone knows anything about her pedigree, please let me know. Her name is F W Jewells Mark.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hi Sarah, I am new member and if you pop me an email to richard.prior@optusnet.com.au I should be able to help with your research. Three Olives was a pretty fair horse from America, Abercrombie is a legend in the sport, great racehorse and a fantastic stallion. Henry t adios was an outstanding horse also, a winner of the famed little brown jug. If you email the horse' dams name, I will get onto it. Richard PS: Jenna's beach boy was the fastest horse in the world at one time.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahblu813 View Post
    I foster a 4 year old Standardbred gelding at a local horse rescue and I used his freezebrand to see if he was registered. I found him, but he was registered Unnamed. I'm new to the Standardbred world, so I wanted to find out and see if anyone could find out more about his bloodlines. I've done alot of research on his sire's side. His sire is Three Olives, who is the son of Jenna's Beach Boy (Beach Towel). I also looked up his dam's (Mood Indigo) pedigree, which seemed very sucessful (but I honestly don't know) because it includes horses named Abercrombie (Silent Majority) and Henry T Adios. Am I on the right track and do any of these names stand out to anyone? Please let me know! I really want to learn more about these horses.

I also haven't had a chance to research my horse's dam yet, but if anyone knows anything about her pedigree, please let me know. Her name is F W Jewells Mark.
    F W JEWELLS MARK (R54206, M)
    TYLER'S MARK - HAIL OPHELIA - NERO

GENERAL INFORMATIONFoaling Date:03/15/1996Sex:MareFoaling Place:MT AIRY MDColor:BayTattoo:R5420 Freezebrand: Death Date: S&D Last Year:2009Markings:STAR; SNIP; LEFT HIND ANKLE; RIGHT HIND ANKLE WHITE WITH SPOT. Eligibility:YesCURRENT OWNERDon C Walters (4471A0) Mount Airy,MD Effective Date: N/A Certificate Mailed 01/12/98

HAIL OPHELIA (JB6292, M)
    NERO - HAIL TO BRET - BRET HANOVER

GENERAL INFORMATIONFoaling Date:03/16/1990Sex:MareFoaling Place:PINE BUSH NYColor:BayTattoo:JB629 Freezebrand: Death Date: S&D Last Year:2000Markings:NO WHITE MARKINGS. Eligibility:YesCURRENT OWNERDon C Walters (4471A0) Mount Airy,MD Effective: 06/28/1996
    Certificate Mailed 10/01/96

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    JV, Very interesting, Hail to Bret appears to come from Cams Card Sharks maternal family, U22 Macketta. RP
    Last edited by Richard prior; 05-16-2013 at 06:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread