Thread: Rocknroll Hanover vs Rocknroll Heaven

buster
    agreed nat

Member Gelding Fullerton will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mike Morano
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Nat, SBSW didn't win the jug which from what I understand people from the southern hemisphere think a lot of and he didn't go to the southern hemisphere he only shipped semen. I don't have a dog in the fight here but Heaven deserves all the credit he gets . He raced on every size track didn't shy away from any race and started way early in the year .

nat
    Hi Fullerton

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm having ago at Heaven he is a wonderful horse and deserves his cudo's I posed the question is he that special he is worth $12000 straight up is he a better horse in whole than Sportswriter, Well Said, SBSW, Art Official & Shadow Play to name a couple. I think now with the net and live broadcasting down here of US races we are starting to look past the Jug and look at the whole picture but you are right in that the winners of the Jug have done quiet well down here at stud. In juvenile racing we see allot that just dominate and post the best times due to the lack of contenders and being able to run to suite then when they go to FFA status cannot cope being muscled around (Auckland Reactor is one that comes to hand)

nat
    Hi Fullerton just to add to last post

It just seem a lot of breeders down under are disappointed in his fee most were braced for $6500-$9500, we don't often see the big boys come down here or the service fees are astronomical so we tend to breed to the best sons and they are normally half to a third of the price of that their sire. Believe me no one hates the horse everyone is in admiration its just his high service fee we don't have limited books as to drive the sales prices so he could literary serve 300+ mares if the demand is there in the southern hemisphere

Real Name
    Mike Morano
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Thanks nat, but you keep talking about Sports Writer he never won a race on a track besides his home track he never finished in the money anywhere else. Also I dont think there were a lack of contenders I am one who think Heaven was just that good.

nat
    Hi Fullerton

I don’t know what the media was like up there this year but wouldn’t know if another horse existed up there and Sportswriter is the only horse of his age group that we have herd about that I can compare him to other than that nothing else exists, it's hard to compare any racehorse to SBSW his only let down not racing the Jug a bit like BAF not winning a Miracle Mile but its good to get your opinion of the horse.

What are the horse that will go on to FFA racing from this years 3Yld's is there anything to watch out for any hard luck storys

Real Name
    Mike Morano
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Good question One More Laugh won the Medowlands pace $1,570,000 ,We Will See Pa sire stakes Champ $803,408, Kyle Major ,Fred and Ginger $518,000, Meirs Hanover just won the Cam Fella Pace last week , Thats just some off the top of my head.

nat
    One More Laugh has great closing speed, Did I see Valintino has had a stable change and how dose he fare in the scheme of things normally good FFA horses are there about in the juvenile racing then come of age.

Real Name
    Mike Morano
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    I think Valentino is a good horse I also like AJ Corbelli I think you will see the better ones starting to Qual soon . The Levy at Yonkers this weekend will show some of the top contenders.

nat
    Thanks Fullerton

Just watched race 10 from Yonker boy the caller did a good job that fog shocking allot of down under horse's on the card and noticed a few racing a Mile and 1/16

+ Reply to Thread