Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Rocknroll Hanover vs Rocknroll Heaven

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I just watched 1 min of footage of Rocknroll Heaven being led on You Tube which is currently on the USTA web site, just wondering what people think of his size.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    I just watched 1 min of footage of Rocknroll Heaven being led on You Tube which is currently on the USTA web site, just wondering what people think of his size.
    This was discussed yesterday on another forum.
    RNR Heaven is reportedly 15.1 and expected to grow some more to 15.2.
    Some current stallions 15.1 h or less are Bettors Delight, CUF, Village Jasper and Western Terror.
    Some past stallions include Western Hanover, Good Time, Albatross, Hal Dale, Big Towner, Race Time, Lordship, Johnny Globe. Possibly Abercrombie ???
    IMO his size is not an issue unless you have a small mare, in which case you may be pushing the boundaries.

triplev123
    Perception's a funny thing troops.
    I actually liked the look of him a lot more in that 50-odd seconds of vision than I did when he was geared up out on the race track. To me he looks the goods. Seems everything's in the right place & with the right mares he'll be sweet, no problems at all. For what it's worth I like the way he carries himself. Btw. those are some excellent examples of similarly sized horses Eliteblood. Hal Dale, Good Time, Albatross, Big Towner, Western Hanover & Bettor's Delight. Enough said.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Eliteblood/Trilpev

Thanks for the info guy's on comparing Heaven to other stallion's of note, beside's Bettor's Delight/CUF/Village Jasper i didn't have the fortune of seeing these other horses beside's the odd pic in a book and then it's hard to tell so your view on the size is greatly appreciated and also give's me some confidence in sending a mare to Heaven.

triplev123
    G'day Mango,

Just trust your gut feeling mate, whatever it may be, pro or con. That's all I ever do.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    He looks good and I loved the way he moved.

triplev123
    Same here Don C. Looks like a Cocky bugger. As I said before, I like the way he carries himself.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I must admit i was a little worried about his size untill Eliteblood mentioned other stallions of the same size and looking what they have done all i really need to do is select the right mare. I watched his races again last night and he sure was a good horse. I never go and look at stallion's on farm much but when he comes out i think i'll take the drive over to Cowra and have a good look and whilst there take a look at Sportswriter as they reckon he filled out into a nice horse.

triplev123
    Tee it up with Eliteblood and get Rob to take you both over to Cowra for dinner, make sure it's his shout though. There's a really good Chinese Restraurant there, at least there was the last time I went through town. Their Crownies are ice-cold. Watch out for Eliteblood though. After a few he can get all loud and demonstrative. I think he picked it up from years of playing Golf on Wednesdays with BPH & Gerry.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    I must admit i was a little worried about his size untill Eliteblood mentioned other stallions of the same size and looking what they have done all i really need to do is select the right mare. I watched his races again last night and he sure was a good horse. I never go and look at stallion's on farm much but when he comes out i think i'll take the drive over to Cowra and have a good look and whilst there take a look at Sportswriter as they reckon he filled out into a nice horse.
    There is a yearling and broodmare sale on 11/9 at Pepper Tree Farm. It will be a good opportunity to have a look at both RNR Heaven and Sportswriter

+ Reply to Thread