Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bill cable resigns

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando

Bill cable resigns

http://www.hrnsw.com.au/hrnsw-media-release557.html

Did anybody see this coming. I wonder who will be Chief steward now or will one even be appointed?
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach

Damage Control?

Someone who posted under the moniker 'Mr V' put a short-lived post up earlier in the week that hinted that someone in regulatory was in strife...the post and the identity have since vanished.

That is a pretty poor media release from hrnsw. One bloke goes back to Victoria to take up a position and whats the go with Bill? As usual there is a lot left to be desired in the form of substance, especially as the announcement comes directly after the appeal hearing of Luke McCarthy. Has a deal been struck to appease the aggrieved? Speculation, conspiracy theorys and rumours will be rife until some facts come out. Funny how these types of announcements are made at the end of the working week, deliberately released to avoid the public glare and scrutiny of media. This tactic is not the sole preserve of harness media releases. Well NEWS FLASH...the world doesn't stop just because its the weekend.

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Brad

Talk about conspiracy theory .

1 My information is Bill Cable resigned yesterday difficult to announce something that has not happened... perhaps HRNSW could announce the results of tonights races at about noon today.... that will be a big help.

2 I am told Bill Cable is an extremely private person who keeps his private life to himself, I was never of the view that when anyone resigns from a position they were obligated to tell their then former employer what their future plans are, simply some do and some do not. Being honest what Bill Cable intends to do is none of our business unless he Bill Cable decides to tell us.

3 Stewards at HRNSW especially have had a tough time of of it over the years with death threats, intimidation and at least two car bombings, add that to a situation where two of your work colleges were running a scam of the highest order and bringing the industry that you work in and in the case of BILL Cable have devoted your life too down and perhaps he simply said enough is enough.

4 Nowhere in the HRNSW released information has it been suggested that any regulatory person was responsible for the findings in the Luke McCarthy appeal. in fact HRNSW have provided significant information as to the exact reasons things went the way it did.

You have the facts two blokes resigned.

Please please please remember when HRNSW permitted O'Toole and Bentley to resign..... yes they resigned it was HRNSW who made the whole affair public and the reason why two resigned and the investigation was on going..... HRNSW have the runs on the board in these matters so to speak.

The transparency at HRNSW under the management of Graeme Campbell, Sam Nati, Reid Sanders and Bill Cable has been exemplary.

NEWSFLASH Harold Holt drowned or was it the men in the little submarine that got him all those years ago ... reading this post your money is on the sub.

I will look forward to the press release on tonights winners seeing you now expect NRNSW to predict the future.
    Last edited by Thevoiceofreason; 11-17-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Bill

I thought it was a great conspiracy story, thankyou. In reply to your points

1/ Two blokes resign at the same time, directly following one of the most talked about swabbing discrepancies in my time. Timing and releasing such a statement with very little information raises my eyebrows. If HRNSW would like to post tonights results for us, can we somehow block the bookies view of same.

2/ One bloke had a job awaiting him, I was thinking about poor Bill (who I also think has done an exceptional job under the circumstances) who has resigned, not retired. Maybe his intention all along was to see this case through before making such an announcement but why resign when retirement is beckoning. Monetarily speaking, it doesn't make sense. You are right though, he doesn't have to tell us diddly-squat, as long as he gives his employer due notice.

3/ Agree

4/ Telling porky pies isn't my go Bill so don't type words that I don't print. Re-read my comments again then delete point 4/ Check with Harnesslink re "Someone with the moniker Mr V put up a short-lived post earlier in the week that hinted that someone in regulatory was in strife...the post and the identity have since vanished" when you clear that up with them, get back to me. The site got hacked or someone gained access somehow without showing any real identity, just a 'Mr V', now thats a fact .

Interesting that you assert that Harold Holt drowned. You must have been at the post-mortem...no that can't be right, you need a body for that and thats another fact, and I know you like a good fact.

Still that sub theory would make for an interesting conspiracy theory, eh.

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    Bill

I thought it was a great conspiracy story, thankyou. In reply to your points

1/ Two blokes resign at the same time, directly following one of the most talked about swabbing discrepancies in my time. Timing and releasing such a statement with very little information raises my eyebrows. If HRNSW would like to post tonights results for us, can we somehow block the bookies view of same.

2/ One bloke had a job awaiting him, I was thinking about poor Bill (who I also think has done an exceptional job under the circumstances) who has resigned, not retired. Maybe his intention all along was to see this case through before making such an announcement but why resign when retirement is beckoning. Monetarily speaking, it doesn't make sense. You are right though, he doesn't have to tell us diddly-squat, as long as he gives his employer due notice.

3/ Agree

4/ Telling porky pies isn't my go Bill so don't type words that I don't print. Re-read my comments again then delete point 4/ Check with Harnesslink re "Someone with the moniker Mr V put up a short-lived post earlier in the week that hinted that someone in regulatory was in strife...the post and the identity have since vanished" when you clear that up with them, get back to me. The site got hacked or someone gained access somehow without showing any real identity, just a 'Mr V', now thats a fact .

Interesting that you assert that Harold Holt drowned. You must have been at the post-mortem...no that can't be right, you need a body for that and thats another fact, and I know you like a good fact.

Still that sub theory would make for an interesting conspiracy theory, eh.
    Brad

I was not suggesting you were misleading us in relation to the poster Mr V in fact I saw the post myself ... I was not intending to imply you lied and I have amended my original post for clarity.

If Harold did not drown he is one heck of a swimmer..... perhaps he just kept going until he died of old age.

I should also say publicly that soon I will stop posting all together as I enjoy my world trip from our lottery win after you purchased the ticket on our behalf,, or something like that.
    Last edited by Thevoiceofreason; 11-17-2012 at 03:04 PM.

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Plausible, he did fancy himself as a bit of an adventurer, but like the sub, highly unlikely also. Like you said, he probably drowned, we will never know.

I expect to be sitting on the deck chair beside you, sipping on pina coladas or whatever it is those lucky buggers get to indulge in. Ching ching!!!

+ Reply to Thread