Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: thornyyyyyy

Junior Member Weanling Camber on the bend will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    If people are looking at horses that one might suspect are receiving some sort of help, why haven't a whole heap of other names appeared on here?

Of course I am not suggesting anything sinister for one minute with Darrell Graham runners but no one seemed to even question Courageous Annies mile smashing run when she raced outside the runaway leader at Menangle a few months back. From a sinister perspective I would have thought that runs like this would have had people suggesting wrongdoing.

For the record I believe she had and has the raw ability to have done what she did. Going through this thread and looking at the way the mentioned trainer at the start of this thread races his horses, they don't seem too often to race amazing miles sitting in the death and the like. Most of his horses seems to come from well back in the field.

Mighty Atom I would find it amazing that trainers potentially would play russian roulette with the testing procedures. That would be plain dumb.

Junior Member Foal Cane Smoke will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Trader

Smile

Thanks Mighty Atom - maybe my lack of punctuation has caused a misread. There is no accusation. I am actually pro success provided it is done correctly. In relation to this post - Thorns success should be commended and encouraged. My belief is that he is a good horseman and that his confidence has grown exponentially by having menangle on his door step, good owners, some quality stock. His driving has improved but for me he is a better trainer than driver hence my comment regarding how horses have a better win ratio when driven by others. But then again this may be due to his placement and utilising dispensations (i.e jnr drivers). The industry needs more Thorns which blossom into roses!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Hello Cane Smoke, no, there was no inference towards you I was just generalizing.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Hello Camber on the bend, yes it would be very dumb to play Russian Roulette with the analyst because I would say that all drugs can be detected today with the exception of myo - inositol - prispyrophosphate or ITPP ( a drug that forces hemoglobin in blood to release more of its oxygen). That is why the freezing of swabs for future testing is the only way to counteract this problem. But I,m going to stick my neck out here and ask the question, are all swabs tested? I'm asking this question now because I know from the past they weren't.

Member Filly latemail_cam will become famous soon enough latemail_cam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cameron Lee
    Occupation
    CEO
    Havent been on here for awhile see a few interesting topics of discussion. One thing I will say in relation to MISTER ANTHONY is that he is best from in front and he hadnt lead for along time before he won 1st up for David Thorn.

Junior Member Weanling Camber on the bend will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by latemail_cam View Post
    Havent been on here for awhile see a few interesting topics of discussion. One thing I will say in relation to MISTER ANTHONY is that he is best from in front and he hadnt lead for along time before he won 1st up for David Thorn.
    Did you see this horse go today. Was very impressive. Loves to lead and bowl along. Keeps running times like that it will end up at the big end of town at the end of the year with all the big races around. David is doing a great job with his team of horses. He has been send some really good ones recently and they have been burning up the big track there at Menangle. Thats two sub 1.53 miles in a row for the horse. Bledisloe was also an excellent win today.

Lots more good horses will head Menangle way with all the good money on offer.

+ Reply to Thread