Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: thornyyyyyy

Member Yearling maestro will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Pacific Playgirl can reel off a brilliant half Buster. Her SS win at Melton was awesome. I timed her 54 and little change off the track. Her form looked dodgy but without a lot of gate speed from bad draws she had no shot in those. Different story last night and Bennett drove a perfect race.

buster
    X
    Last edited by buster; 02-28-2011 at 11:23 AM.

Real Name
    Unknown
    Clearly Make Mine has gone off the boil. She's been up forever. I didn't like her Shep Cup run and even the start before when Douglas didn't ease out of the trail in the Bendigo Cup at the half was telling. Take her out and it was a nice field but not stellar.

Real Name
    Unknown
    You having a bet at Charlton today Buster ?

It wouldn't surprise me to see the pole horse make it interesting for the Fav especially with the stablemate likely to ease back at the start.

Captain Joy went OK first up, awful second up and had no shot at Terang. I couldn't back him either. The smart wager is probably to take on the Fav if peeps want a piece of $2.2 or thereabouts.

triplev123
    Buster, if you do the Form the way you assess the winning chances of these horses you must be eating the paint off the walls.

Real Name
    Unknown
    $2.1 from 3 with the 2 scratchings. Im Monaco could have a dig for the top as well.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Buster, if you do the Form the way you assess the winning chances of these horses you must be eating the paint off the walls.
    Eating it beats watching it

buster
    X
    Last edited by buster; 02-28-2011 at 11:23 AM.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Stacks of back class about Mr Anthony? This was an M1-M3. Ran in a claimer last start. Before that ran down the track twice to an M1. Was beaten by a M0 4yo a few starts back. So if anything he was up in class. If you go back further his next few was worse than midfield in M2/M3s - last night only had one M1 in the M1/M3 so hardly a difference. The field last night included an Inter Heat placegetter, a horse that ran in the Inter heats yet he got beat soundly beat by M0 and M1 class horses his last couple but last night was taking on M2/M3 horses.
    Everyone has their own ideas on how far back you need to look of course...however for mine, Back Class goes a little deeper than just that Breno.
    Mister Anthony has dealt to some VERY GOOD class horses since he began racing as a 3yo back in May of 2008 and he maintained very solid form through to March of 2010 when he beat up on a pretty handy field in the Gawler Cup, to that point a slate of 27 starts for 14 wins & 5 placings over nearly 2 years of racing. He was a very, very consistent horse, no question.
    Since March of 2010 I make it that he has had 11 starts for 1 win (which was last night in against M2-M3's admittedly BUT notably, with not a killer in sight) and 10 unplaced efforts.
    To put it in a Nutshell, this is not some pie-eater come in from the cold. Just like Dartmoor, old mate Mister Anthony was always a good horse but one that, for whatever reason had gone off form. Horses are not machines despite what some people seems to think. Add to that the fact that it seems so little credit is ever given to first getting and then most importantly of all keeping a horse mentally sharp and there you have it.
    The most fascinating thing is that nobody ever seems to say so much as a freaking word about handy horses with good form that leave one stable and promptly lose all form in another stable BUT they will ALWAYS seek to pile shit on the guy who gets a horse that for whatever reason has lost all form in one stable, moves digs & finds it again in some new surroundings. Buster, I'm looking rather sternly in your direction.

buster
    X
    Last edited by buster; 02-28-2011 at 11:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread