Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitobliss Vs ITMQ

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh

Bitobliss Vs ITMQ

At the end of the day exposed on the vast open spaces of Menangle, the Quinn wont have his little 800m saucer to dominate and relish with his devastating sprint unleashed.
    As he was a little exposed and asked to go a little earlier than normal in the NZ Inter, his heart and stamina was found wanting against Captain Stamina, that is Smoken Up.
    Bitobliss has won twice over 3150m first time in the death mind you, and if it comes to a battle and not a cosy sit sprint ITMQ will be quashed.
    Great sit sprint opportunities await at Melton I feel, so there Quin has his best chance...

aussiebreno
    Victorians really do have a complex. It's been relentless ever since Dan Mileiki started it halfway down the straight on Saturday night.

Quinny ran 3rd in a Hunter Cup from 10m, much better than 2x Kilmore Cups of the last decade. He has also ran over a distance a couple times in Perth for wins including 1.56.5 rate. Just because is better with a sprint doesn't mean he doesn't have a heart.

Also an interesting mention of the NZ Inter. Who won that race ?

800m saucers aren't exactly conducive to coming four and five wide and running 53 final halves. But the champ does it anyway.

Bitobliss is pretty bloody good, can't wait for Vic Cup, ID and Miracle Mile and any other possible match up!

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    I just hope HRV make the most of this enticing race to attract some much needed positive press in the general media. Here we have two of the most talented pacers, both in hot form, against a warhorse who can never be discounted. This will be the biggest race of the season!

Over to you HRV marketing team...

Member Gelding Big Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dean mac
    Horses
    Greg The Great
    Bitobliss for mine. He continues to improve, and steps up to the challenge at every occasion. Last years Vic Cup he broke his leg a lap out and managed to be there on the turn. If he stays sound, its a no brainer!!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    Last years Vic Cup he broke his leg a lap out and managed to be there on the turn.
    And he beat ITMQ home in that race!

Just looking at sectional times last Saturday night.

Bitobliss last mile 1.52.3. Fast sectionals and still kept going and ran away from them. Brilliant drive. Had to run the gate else might get caught 3 wide and have to go back and be behind Smoken Up. Let him go at exact right moment as Trigger don't get round the bends to good. Fast sectionals as Lance had a go right from the outset. Phenomenal performance!

Smoken Up last mile 1.52.44. Sat outside leader going that fast. Made leader work as for sure his best chance of winning. Gave everything else behind a chance to run him down and they couldn't. Beat the rest by 7m+. Champion!!! Wouldn't be writing him off just yet.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    And he beat ITMQ home in that race!

Just looking at sectional times last Saturday night.

Bitobliss last mile 1.52.3. Fast sectionals and still kept going and ran away from them. Brilliant drive. Had to run the gate else might get caught 3 wide and have to go back and be behind Smoken Up. Let him go at exact right moment as Trigger don't get round the bends to good. Fast sectionals as Lance had a go right from the outset. Phenomenal performance!

Smoken Up last mile 1.52.44. Sat outside leader going that fast. Made leader work as for sure his best chance of winning. Gave everything else behind a chance to run him down and they couldn't. Beat the rest by 7m+. Champion!!! Wouldn't be writing him off just yet.
    +2

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Leigh and Paul, I'm not going to have an argument with myself as one of Triggers biggest fans... but I thought Bitobliss (does anyone know his stable name?) performance last week heralded the arrival of a new superstar (just a bit later than we expected of him). He beat Smoken at his own game. I thought the old champ was found short by a horse close to the top of his game, I want to be wrong but feel I am not. It was the manner of Bitobliss at the end of the race that left my jaw on the ground, especially with my hard earned on the old boy. In the last couple of years I've learn't that if your horse gets the right run at Melton it just wins but Bitobliss made the race his own. Standout special in the Vic Cup.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    I am a huge Bitobliss fan, and have been for some time, however, he has, (regardless of his herculean performances) of few steps to take before he wears any true mantle of "greatness", as a matter of fact so do some of our modern day "superstars".
    How many have contested more than 3 miracle miles,Interdominions,Victoria cups, NZ cups etc at handicaps?
    our modern day "superstars" are competing at FFA conditions against horses far less experienced and seasoned...they (the non superstar horses) are not machines...when they go and bust their gut and still get beat they will go home with their tail between their legs, hurting not only from the pain of the contest but also with the pain of defeat, and if anyone thinks that the horses that manage to get to the elite level are not fully aware of whether they have been winning or losing, sorry but but you need to have another look.

BTW Brad, watch trigger closely for the signs of the abovementioned,it's very true that some run on their heart alone and I believe ( only from observation) that Trigger is one horse that fights above his weight partly due to an enormous belief in himself..

cheers,
    dan

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Victorians really do have a complex. It's been relentless ever since Dan Mileiki started it halfway down the straight on Saturday night.

Quinny ran 3rd in a Hunter Cup from 10m, much better than 2x Kilmore Cups of the last decade. He has also ran over a distance a couple times in Perth for wins including 1.56.5 rate. Just because is better with a sprint doesn't mean he doesn't have a heart.

Also an interesting mention of the NZ Inter. Who won that race ?

800m saucers aren't exactly conducive to coming four and five wide and running 53 final halves. But the champ does it anyway.

Bitobliss is pretty bloody good, can't wait for Vic Cup, ID and Miracle Mile and any other possible match up!
    Can u remember where Quin was in the run in that Hunter Cup Brenno and how much work he did in the run?
    Answer, about 4-5 pegs from memory, did zip, got out late, unleashed the customary 537kmh sprint, 3rd.
    All I'm saying Bitobliss showed great stamina over long distance.
    As far as who won the NZ Inter, Quin never won it at all, he was defeated by a better horse on the day.
    By theory his name is on the trophy but that whole catastrophe was just that, a catastrophe.
    This is a whole other discussion, enough said not goin there, different topic/thread.
    Just my opinion.
    Will be a great race whoever wins.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Can u remember where Quin was in the run in that Hunter Cup Brenno and how much work he did in the run?
    Answer, about 4-5 pegs from memory, did zip, got out late, unleashed the customary 537kmh sprint, 3rd.
    All I'm saying Bitobliss showed great stamina over long distance.
    As far as who won the NZ Inter, Quin never won it at all, he was defeated by a better horse on the day.
    By theory his name is on the trophy but that whole catastrophe was just that, a catastrophe.
    This is a whole other discussion, enough said not goin there, different topic/thread.
    Just my opinion.
    Will be a great race whoever wins.
    What's wrong with being saved up for a final sprint though? It's not as if he is only joining in the race at the bell.
    If anything it means you rely on luck and lose races you otherwise could have won.
    You are thinking of the 2010 Hunter Cup!
    I was actually making mention of the 2011 version (10m handicap), 3 wide last lap, Nathan Jack might have held him up a fraction too late when going 4 and 5 wide. Good thing beat, but as I said his racing style can get him beat sometimes. A hard run Vic Cup won't be a problem for the champ!

+ Reply to Thread