Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitobliss Vs ITMQ

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Great banter on here, I know its cliche but harness racing is going to be the winner if all horses hold their form going into the Vic Cup.

For the record I'm tipping Mah Sish to upset them tonight. I'll wait to see the final field and draw before making a call on the Vic Cup. Exciting times people.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Yep, that was me,must have struck an accord,everyone still remembers it.Maorisidol's favourite, but alas, not much Smoken Up to do with those old tyres - tread is wearing thin,maybe trade him in for a newer model - Bitobliss.
    G'day Rod, I knew full well it was you, good on ya' for sticking your hand up. We will never know what old SU would have done in that final over in WA (galloping out of that corner), but IMTQ was a fully deserving winner of the final (like your comment, that sprint that night is firmly etched in my grey matter).

What did Dan say last night "that was SU's 66th win" really, what more does he have to prove. Just a great warrior.

Looking forward to seeing the best of Bliss this season.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    It would appear that to be an up and coming Champion, you must beat Smoken Up. He has left his Melton base more than any other top liner to compete and still has won 66 races against all comers. It was Terrorway not long ago but he hasn't won since beating Smoken Up in Queensland, maybe he's the bet tonight.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Moot point re sitting outside TRigger or Bitobliss, they couldn't do it either. Hall never let Quinny down so again a moot point that Rakarebel made ground. Winners keep winning, haters keep hating!
    Don't include us in the 'haters' Breno! We are huge Smoken Up fans but will be the first to applaud ITMQ should he get up next weekend.

Going to be a huge race. Nearly ran off road early this morning when "Sports" radio station talked about it. They cover all the big sporting events (crochet world championships, knit 1 - purl 1 contests, etc) but actually took some time to talk about it. Bout time we got some positives (excuse the pun) !!

GO TRIGGER!!

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Don't include us in the 'haters' Breno! We are huge Smoken Up fans but will be the first to applaud ITMQ should he get up next weekend.

Going to be a huge race. Nearly ran off road early this morning when "Sports" radio station talked about it. They cover all the big sporting events (crochet world championships, knit 1 - purl 1 contests, etc) but actually took some time to talk about it. Bout time we got some positives (excuse the pun) !!

GO TRIGGER!!
    I know you and your son will be cheering on trigger, that's all good in my books. I just don't like how one poster has slagged ITMQ. Cheer for a horse by all means, but don't slag one! Lol at the positives pun, and good to hear harness is getting some coverage. Will you be trackside next week?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    i know you and your son will be cheering on trigger, that's all good in my books. I just don't like how one poster has slagged itmq. Cheer for a horse by all means, but don't slag one! Lol at the positives pun, and good to hear harness is getting some coverage. Will you be trackside next week?
    ubetcha!!!!!!!!!

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    It would appear that to be an up and coming Champion, you must beat Smoken Up. He has left his Melton base more than any other top liner to compete and still has won 66 races against all comers. It was Terrorway not long ago but he hasn't won since beating Smoken Up in Queensland, maybe he's the bet tonight.
    Well picked pplater. Bitobliss done all the work and only dropped out late, Stewart really eased him up late, hope he is ok.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Well picked pplater. Bitobliss done all the work and only dropped out late, Stewart really eased him up late, hope he is ok.
    Yes I hope Bitobliss is ok and just a warning for IMQ, not only will he meet horses next week that can do similar times to him, he will have to contend with Team McCarthy.
    The second Terroway lost cover last night, off goes Luke on Mach Alert to give him cover and stick it up Bitobliss. Reminded me of the Queensland race I referred to

aussiebreno
    It will be interesting come ladyship mile time whether they set it up for Baby Bling or Our Sixpence.

Only joking mightymo, I bet it got a rise out of ya though!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    I know you and your son will be cheering on trigger, that's all good in my books. I just don't like how one poster has slagged ITMQ. Cheer for a horse by all means, but don't slag one! Lol at the positives pun, and good to hear harness is getting some coverage. Will you be trackside next week?
    Brenno,
    I don't consider myself a hater of any horse, I simply question how Quinn races in comparison to others when he is predominantly a sit sprint athlete and then being lourded as a great champion. doing what he does in Perth is great but hes a one trick pony with that Unbeatable turn of foot on that little track against opposition that can't get anywhere near him.
    And yes of course the aim is to win races anyway u can, and who cares how u do it when u get the cash, but for me, call me old fashioned but I grew up with Champs like Pure Steel, Gammalite, Poppy, and then Blackie. Now these guys were Tough these were Champions, these guys made me stand up at the end of a race at Moonee Valley and clap because of what they did and how they did it. They won races that defied normal horse ability and u would shake your head and ask how did they do that? They were 100% undisputedly Tough and that's what separates them from Quinn.
    And Brenno u know what, this is just my opinion, and the good thing about a forum is everyone is welcome to their opinion.
    That's why I actually started this thread cos I knew it would start a healthy discussion, it's like your footy team against mine if u like.
    I don't hate Quinn, he's just not in the league of the best the sport has seen for me.
    He needs to prove himself over here and travel Australia winning in all states pretty much a bit like Smoken Up and the horses mentioned before, before he is to be worthy of a "warhorse" tough as teak Champion for me, can I repeat that, for me, not u, for me, just my opinion.
    I would love to see him step up and blitz a great field over here and do some work in the race like Elsu in his Hunter Cup for example, then he will have my attention.

+ Reply to Thread