Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Equity Issues

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train

Equity Issues

http://www.hrnsw.com.au/hrnsw-media-release564.html

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=18888

Please compare these charges and consequent penalties.

How on earth is this equitable? If there has ever been more conclusive proof of rules for some and rules for others I am yet to see it! How can two so different results come from identical misdemeanors? I cannot wait to hear any possible explanation.

aussiebreno
    Sure seems Hewitt got out of it lightly compared to Jones and to an extent Painting.

Who knows what happened behind closed doors though.
    Last edited by aussiebreno; 11-30-2012 at 01:54 AM.

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    This rule in harness racing is a total joke as a trainer, driver, owner you not allowed to support your own horse......... which idiot with an IQ of 1 came up with this idea.

I know this is not the case with Hewitt but congratulations to the stewards taking a sensible approach.

Come on Sam and Reid get rid of this rule you are both smart enough to see its obvious deficiencies... I know it will not be an easy task but you are up to it. Common sense must rule.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    This rule in harness racing is a total joke as a trainer, driver, owner you not allowed to support your own horse......... which idiot with an IQ of 1 came up with this idea.

I know this is not the case with Hewitt but congratulations to the stewards taking a sensible approach.

Come on Sam and Reid get rid of this rule you are both smart enough to see its obvious deficiencies... I know it will not be an easy task but you are up to it. Common sense must rule.
    The rule came into affect in October 2005 Bill,so I reckon it wouldn't be too hard to work out on whose watch it came in. The rules for ever before that were completely the opposite...if the stipes suspected you had given a horse any easy run then you were asked to provide evidence that you HAD supported it.

I agree with you completely that it is an idiotic rule, along with the slow sectionals,change of tactics, and foot dropping rules we have been saddled with in recent times.
    Last edited by Danno; 11-30-2012 at 07:44 AM. Reason: spelling

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

I agree with you completely that it is an idiotic rule, along with the slow sectionals,change of tactics, and foot dropping rules we have been saddled with in recent times.
    Danno,

I was having a good morning until you mentioned these, especially the bolded part. Shits me to tears it does every time a driver gets fined for slow sectionals.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    While I am of the opinion that the rule is a disgrace how on earth does one person receive 40% of the fine another person received for identical indiscretions undertaken more frequently? This is the problem with NSW HR (amongst many others).

The severity of penalties seems to lie directly with distance the steward has to travel to get to you. Or maybe what side of the bed the steward got out of that morning? Or maybe what happened or didn't happen before he gets out of bed? Who knows!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Nothing to stop a trainer or an owner supporting their horse Bill.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Nothing to stop a trainer or an owner supporting their horse Bill.
    If you drive it there is and that is why the rule is so stupid.

You buy one, spend 12 months getting it going, drive it in every trial, know its issues backwards, its flying but has a trick to it, if you want to back the horse because you think it can win, you have to put on another driver..... that logic in an industry that is family based beggers belief.

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The rule came into affect in October 2005 Bill,so I reckon it wouldn't be too hard to work out on whose watch it came in. The rules for ever before that were completely the opposite...if the stipes suspected you had given a horse any easy run then you were asked to provide evidence that you HAD supported it.

Foot Dropping..... sounds personal was it a habit you had when you drove.

Banned Gelding mary will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mary hughes
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    Foot Dropping..... sounds personal was it a habit you had when you drove.

Funny, I know someone that had a sign on his gig to stop him dropping his foot.

+ Reply to Thread