Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Equity Issues

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Nothing to stop a trainer or an owner supporting their horse Bill.
    And of course it would be totally beyond comprehension that part of those bets would include the interest of the trainer.
    That a pig flying by?

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    Foot Dropping..... sounds personal was it a habit you had when you drove.
    Hahahaha...your a funny bloke Bill.......as a matter of fact yes, it cost me the odd 50 here and there....but the silly thing about the rule in all seriousness, is that it was brought in on the suspicion that drivers were "hock kicking " horses, as had been happening in North America, when in reality here in Australasia, our carts are narrower and longer and it's HIGHLY unlikely that anyone is gunna have legs long enough to actually carry out the kicking! Sure you could kick them in the extended hind hoof or fetlock but that would be counter productive...it would put the horse off balance and quite possibly cause damage to your own! ( I know this to be true as being an old foot dropper from way back I have inadvertently experienced this a couple of times)

Cheers,
    Dan

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Its funny you post that report Mel because in an earlier post Danno says doing just that would be "counter productive"........then again I think Danno is a driver and I have been told drivers sometimes tell little fibs..... god forbid.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    Its funny you post that report Mel because in an earlier post Danno says doing just that would be "counter productive"........then again I think Danno is a driver and I have been told drivers sometimes tell little fibs..... god forbid.
    Drivers only tell little fibs to owners, trainers, the general public, stewards, other drivers and their wives Bill, everyone other than these groups are told the truth....well a version of it anyway.

+ Reply to Thread