Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fantastic 4yo crop coming through

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Quote Originally Posted by mary View Post
    Why do you reckon your fella will not come back as good as he was Mitch ??
    Mary, he has only had 1 start in 18 months - beaten 40m. He has had a lot of problems and its simply unfair to put any expectation on him. IF he does make it back I and all the owners would be over the moon he if could win a C0. We have tried to do the right thing by the horse in getting him back to the races but I am willing to pull the pin and retire him straight away if he suffers another setback.

Given the depth of the current 4yo crop I am living in fairyland if I think he can come back and match it with the likes of Restrepo.

Fingers crossed he makes it back.

Junior Member Foal ifyousayso will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    james dennis
    hi guys
    new to here.
    thought id jump on and see what your opinions of the WA 4yos are.
    i believe with automatic entry into the Chariots this year for the winner of the Golden Nugget we may see a WA horse if they can beat Chancellor Cullen this Friday Night.
    Few times they are running over there with Im Victorious and Westerm Cullen appear to be ok as well.
    Im Victorious for mine seems to be the better of the lot.
    IMO

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Mary, he has only had 1 start in 18 months - beaten 40m. He has had a lot of problems and its simply unfair to put any expectation on him. IF he does make it back I and all the owners would be over the moon he if could win a C0. We have tried to do the right thing by the horse in getting him back to the races but I am willing to pull the pin and retire him straight away if he suffers another setback.

Given the depth of the current 4yo crop I am living in fairyland if I think he can come back and match it with the likes of Restrepo.

Must be gut-wrenching for you Mitch, knowing how good he is and not getting to see it. Hope you catch a break with him.

Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    Must be gut-wrenching for you Mitch, knowing how good he is and not getting to see it. Hope you catch a break with him.
    Cheers Brad. I'm sure many others forum contributors have suffered similar fate. It only happens to the good ones apparently!

Banned Gelding mary will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mary hughes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post

Good luck with him, he was such a top 2yo.
    Cheers

Banned Gelding mary will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mary hughes
    Quote Originally Posted by ifyousayso View Post
    hi guys
    new to here.
    thought id jump on and see what your opinions of the WA 4yos are.
    i believe with automatic entry into the Chariots this year for the winner of the Golden Nugget we may see a WA horse if they can beat Chancellor Cullen this Friday Night.
    Few times they are running over there with Im Victorious and Westerm Cullen appear to be ok as well.
    Im Victorious for mine seems to be the better of the lot.
    IMO

I reckon if Im Vic can lead, then he could win. Great horse.

Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Smolda showed he is ready to take on all challengers with a nice win in the Franklin Cup.

Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    What about the list of horses targeting the Chariots - they can't all make it but gee its going to be a couple cracking weeks of heats!

Its been made all the more interesting by the defeats of Smolda and Restrepo in the past fortnight. They all get beat but I thought Restrepo had every chance in his race and to be honest though Smolda looked really average behind the Gold Ace. His action looked really choppy.

Grand Stride looked really good winning in 52 last night and Fly Like an Eagle is confirmed as coming.

The Chariots could well steal the show from the Interdom as being the most competitive and exciting race of the day/afternoon. I've said it before - I think they'll break 1.50 this year!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Christen Me was also outstanding in defeat in NZ today. Sat parked and then 3 wide in going 1.55 over 2300m. Huge run for 2nd

Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    Christen Me was also outstanding in defeat in NZ today. Sat parked and then 3 wide in going 1.55 over 2300m. Huge run for 2nd
    Just saw a replay Harvey. Christen Me super, winner Jason Rulz also very good. Had the softer run but was still able to quicken when asked and sprint past some very good horses.

Amazing crop of 4yos we have.

+ Reply to Thread