Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What ever you want to call it!

Banned Gelding mary will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mary hughes

What ever you want to call it!

The carnival will start on Saturday 16 February with six Inter Dominion qualifying heats being held throughout Australasia over a 90 minute period including two heats at Tabcorp Park Menangle.

Ok thats 6 spots & who fills the other 4??
    What happens if the top horses get knocked over & knocked out of it for any reason?
    Say ITMQ gets poleaxed & runs last, & BITO, SMOKEN ,CARRIBEAN are in the same heat, then who misses out to lesser horses from other states.
    TERROR, SMOLDA, SUSHI, FLY, only one will come over??
    In other words this final field can be made up of a lower level of horses.
    If that does happen, what a pathetic concept.
    Who ever dreamed this up, should put there toys back in the box & stop playing with themselves.

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by mary View Post
    The carnival will start on Saturday 16 February with six Inter Dominion qualifying heats being held throughout Australasia over a 90 minute period including two heats at Tabcorp Park Menangle.

Ok thats 6 spots & who fills the other 4??
    What happens if the top horses get knocked over & knocked out of it for any reason?
    Say ITMQ gets poleaxed & runs last, & BITO, SMOKEN ,CARRIBEAN are in the same heat, then who misses out to lesser horses from other states.
    TERROR, SMOLDA, SUSHI, FLY, only one will come over??
    In other words this final field can be made up of a lower level of horses.
    If that does happen, what a pathetic concept.
    Who ever dreamed this up, should put there toys back in the box & stop playing with themselves.
    Just read this morning that the powers that are will select the other eight starters from "the highest ranked placegetters".

aussiebreno
    I believe its called the Ben Hur Invitational.

Every year they open themself up to riducule with the Miracle Mile. They've improved on that the last couple years with the decisions moreso set in stone. Why they want to go down this avenue again who knows. I only hope the ranking system is available before heats.

But then if the ranking system is available pre-heats, why not just have one race for the Top 14 horses?

It doesn't make sense. But a lot of HRNSW decisions don't make sense. Like the race field selection process....
    Last edited by aussiebreno; 12-02-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Real Name
    mary hughes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2minuteman View Post
    Just read this morning that the powers that are will select the other eight starters from "the highest ranked placegetters".
    Did not know there are 14 in it.
    Can you imagine if they put so & so in, in front of the other so & so etc....messy. Even if they have a "highest ranked placegetters" thing going, it could turn out real bad.
    Go back to the INTER DOM, 3 heats & the final. Over 2 weeks. I thought it worked just fine.

Real Name
    mary hughes
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post

Every year they open themself up to riducule with the Miracle Mile. They've improved on that the last couple years with the decisions moreso set in stone. Why they want to go down this avenue again who knows. I only hope the ranking system is available before heats.

But then if the ranking system is available pre-heats, why not just have one race for the Top 14 horses?

It doesn't make sense. But a lot of HRNSW decisions don't make sense. Like the race field selection process....

No Brenden it does not. If any thing it could fail badly, and the powers that be will look even more stupid that the idea itself.
    If this happens lets hope they have the brains to go back to the REAL Inter Dom.

Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly

Cool

No Brenden it does not. If any thing it could fail badly, and the powers that be will look even more stupid that the idea itself.
    If this happens lets hope they have the brains to go back to the REAL Inter Dom.
    The one thing that will not happen is the going back to what we had.Those in power (any organisation) will defend their decisions to the death,whatever the rights or wrongs of those decisions.
    Don't like it,tough!
    On another matter.I see we are going to have a strategic directions roadshow.Be still my beating heart.
    To show how forward looking we are,this "plan" will cover three,count them,three years.
    A suggestion,have a chat to the AFL about how to develop and implement a 25 year plan to rule the world.

Real Name
    mary hughes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2minuteman View Post
    The one thing that will not happen is the going back to what we had.Those in power (any organisation) will defend their decisions to the death,whatever the rights or wrongs of those decisions.
    Don't like it,tough!
    On another matter.I see we are going to have a strategic directions roadshow.Be still my beating heart.
    To show how forward looking we are,this "plan" will cover three,count them,three years.
    A suggestion,have a chat to the AFL about how to develop and implement a 25 year plan to rule the world.

3 years ??? are they joking. Harness racing will be lucky to be here in 3 years the way its going......
    In NZ last season their were only 3192 mares served , a far cry from the record of neally 9000. What does that tell you??
    A guy I know ,who AIs mares is doing 50% less this year.
    Im not breeding any more, I had 8 mares.
    In my circle no one renewed their licence, trainer, driver or stablehand & over the last 3 years that same circle is down 30 odd broodmares.
    Get some sats from HRA....everything is down. Trainers , owners, drivers, owners, breeders, owners, & more owners. And punters are walking away.
    Don't like it, tough!
    But thats whats happening & here they are destroying a race that used to hold the attention of the whole public, even non race goers.

Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    3 years ??? are they joking. Harness racing will be lucky to be here in 3 years the way its going......
    In NZ last season their were only 3192 mares served , a far cry from the record of neally 9000. What does that tell you??
    A guy I know ,who AIs mares is doing 50% less this year.
    Im not breeding any more, I had 8 mares.
    In my circle no one renewed their licence, trainer, driver or stablehand & over the last 3 years that same circle is down 30 odd broodmares.
    Get some sats from HRA....everything is down. Trainers , owners, drivers, owners, breeders, owners, & more owners. And punters are walking away.
    Don't like it, tough!
    But thats whats happening & here they are destroying a race that used to hold the attention of the whole public, even non race goers.
    Yes,that was when the sport was marketed.Compare what the VRC does with the Cup Carnival v the Harness Racing Club with ANY race/meeting.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Personnaly I would love to see the KPI's for ALL of our administrative personnel, not just employees, include our leadership teams please!!!

unfortunately our game has suffered many times from self serving "leaders", people who were in the game to improve their own stocks first and foremost. A great number of them have passed, however their legacy lives on.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post

When there's a big race on at Melton they publish a list of all the previous winners in the race book. My young son loves going back through the lists and either asking me about the horses on them that I saw race or he looks them up himself on the net.

Great way of comparing horses from other times with horses now. If they call this the Interdominion they'll just continue adding the winners of this format to the list of winners of the real '3 heats and a final' format. The list of winners will lose it's meaning. No way can compare the winner of this format with the likes of Gammalite, Our Sir Vancelot and Blacks A Fake to name just a few.

I've told him before it's not always the race won by the best horse. It's won by the best horse over 4 races in 2 weeks. Have gone to great lengths to explain it all to him eg; the best horse might not be able to cope with 4 races in 2 weeks.

In 20 years time he's going to have fun explaining the Interdom winners list to his son when taking him to the races (hopefully with his sons grandfather in tow)!

+ Reply to Thread