Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
Maestro writes...If the prizemoney is doubling, professionalism in the driving ranks needs to lift three notches.

Triple says....Could not agree more. I think the increases in $ will have exactly that effect anyway. It'll demand greater professionalism by default.
If you're a live shot that's going for the fat end the current $$$ then it's likely nobody's paying the air fair for those guys to zoom into Sydney of a Saturday night however if you're a live shot going for the fat end of 25k+ & there are multiple Owners with horses in other races that are of a similar mind then you're all thinking differently.
Ring Ring....Ring Ring..."Hey Puppet...do you feel like Lunch at Doyle's Watsons Bay on Sunday arvo? Yeh? Ok, here's all ya gotta do.
I like how you said 'demand greater professionalism by default'. Could not agree more.
Don't need to go making silly rules and regulations (as it is only A Grade drivers can drive there anyway - so its not like they let any man off the street); McCarthy, maybe Darryl Graham are moving and I'm sure others will follow suit; the standard of not only driving but trainers and horses will be lifted automatically.
Plus you will have regular interstate invasions imo - which will turn a 10 horse race from having 3 or 4 winning chances into it having 6 or 7 winning chances!