Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: BIG increases in NSW Prizemoney increases from July 1st.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Maestro writes...If the prizemoney is doubling, professionalism in the driving ranks needs to lift three notches.

Triple says....Could not agree more. I think the increases in $ will have exactly that effect anyway. It'll demand greater professionalism by default.
    If you're a live shot that's going for the fat end the current $$$ then it's likely nobody's paying the air fair for those guys to zoom into Sydney of a Saturday night however if you're a live shot going for the fat end of 25k+ & there are multiple Owners with horses in other races that are of a similar mind then you're all thinking differently.
    Ring Ring....Ring Ring..."Hey Puppet...do you feel like Lunch at Doyle's Watsons Bay on Sunday arvo? Yeh? Ok, here's all ya gotta do.
    I like how you said 'demand greater professionalism by default'. Could not agree more.
    Don't need to go making silly rules and regulations (as it is only A Grade drivers can drive there anyway - so its not like they let any man off the street); McCarthy, maybe Darryl Graham are moving and I'm sure others will follow suit; the standard of not only driving but trainers and horses will be lifted automatically.
    Plus you will have regular interstate invasions imo - which will turn a 10 horse race from having 3 or 4 winning chances into it having 6 or 7 winning chances!

Member Yearling maestro will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    "Is Neil not allowed to drive it?"

Neil's owners would welcome it : )

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by maestro View Post
    "Is Neil not allowed to drive it?"

Neil's owners would welcome it : )
    Ahh no because they send horses to him knowing full well he drives them.

buster
    he wont have many horses after all the big boys come to town

Member Yearling maestro will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Ahh no because they send horses to him knowing full well he drives them.
    Neil's style of driving doesn't cut the mustard nowadays. There a few oldtimers in that mould ... out with the old and in with the new.

aussiebreno
    The Stride horses are all he seems to have these days anyway (at least the ones that can run a bit) - and that won't change until the day the Strides stop owning horses or the day Neil stops training!

Maestro, I'm with you that on that my own horses (if I had any) and as a punter I want only the best of the best driving; Bennett, Alford etc but to make rules depriving the likes of the Trevor Munday's, Jackson Paintings or Neil Day's from driving is not a plausible idea in my book. We need more participants having the chance to earn a buck from the game, not less. Where do we stop? Only millionaires can own horses, trainers must train 20 winners a year to keep their licence?

triplev123
    The ever present egalitarian beauty of Harness Racing is that no matter how big the stable and no matter how deep the pocket of their Owners, the smaller operations can ALWAYS get a good one to knock off the big operations. It has been the same since its inception. That being said, one thing I think we'll see happen in an ever increasing fashion over the coming years is that the scouts will be out everywhere and a lot of young horses that are showing promise at the trials or in their early starts will be purchased by said owners with deep pockets and then moved to the bigger stables. One way or another the $$$ flows and it's all good.

buster
    wouldnt be surprised if neil is on very thin ice with rosarti, just because he has money doesnt mean he likes tearing it up

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    He could send some horses to the Fitzpatrickershaha

triplev123
    The Industry could do with 100 fellas like Emilio. I think he's a terrific fella.

+ Reply to Thread