Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Golden Nugget

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired

Golden Nugget

I know you are all preoccupied with the Cranbourne Cup but there was an event last night with a much bigger stake worthy of a mention - The Golden Nugget. Congratulations to Michael Brennan and his team on the brilliant effort of I'm Victorious. To turn the horse around in a fortnight with the problems the horse has had to show his true ability was outstanding. Chancellor Cullen,maybe a little over hyped at present but I think he will be an outstanding 5 year old. Adam Hamilton's pre race analogy of Chancellor Cullen compared to previous winner Bonavista Bay was spot on saying that he was faster but not certain whether he had the toughness of the latter. The horse had a perfect run through from the back line and driven perfectly but not good enough on the night. Bettor Reason an outstanding effort and very good run from Reuben Brogden. Lucie Boshier (a very good mare) winning the Norm's Daughter Classic capped off a great night for W.A. pacing. Lesson to be learnt ( Chris Alford) never underestimate W.A. horses.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 12-09-2012 at 02:15 AM.

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Rod,

I would think a horse like I'm Victorious would relish camping off a hot speed at Menangle and finishing hard over the top of them. Going to be a player if he makes the trip.

Who knows they may even break 1.50 in the chariots this year!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Hi Mitch,

The way Michael Brennan was talking last night he's definitely going to the Chariots. Giving the horse a couple of weeks off then get him ready. He also thinks I'm Victorious will relish Menangle. It's going to be a cracker of a field
    and will generate as much interest as the Inters - if that's what it's called these days. Cheers.

Junior Member Foal ifyousayso will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    james dennis
    great win by this horse.
    i think a few of the teams over here may have to take notice of him
    looks so versitile. can win from both ends
    chariots will be a cracker race.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    I am definitely looking forward to him coming over here...just a query to you lot in the west. Were there any excuses for Sensational Gabbys poor run the other week, I was expecting an awful lot more than we saw. Baby Bling was dominant.

+ Reply to Thread