Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Back to the Future

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach

Back to the Future

The industry just cannot catch a break. Just when the horses racing performances are doing all the talking and with great clashes coming up, the game gets another black eye. On the heels of the boldenone inquiry comes this.

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=102465

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    The industry just cannot catch a break. Just when the horses racing performances are doing all the talking and with great clashes coming up, the game gets another black eye. On the heels of the boldenone inquiry comes this.

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=102465
    I've googled it but am sending a telegram to VVV to write a post about norketamine.
    Please VVV! I'm begging.

Banned Gelding mary will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mary hughes
    now come on guys, he proclaimed his innocence with using any drugs, surely this is just another mistake!
    Now we will never know if any of his horses raced honestly !!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Lets not put the horse before the cart ... there is a process, innocent until proven otherwise, yada yada yada. All I am saying is its a shame that this stuff gets to share the same headlines as some of the brilliant racing we have seen it recent weeks and can expect to see going into this weekend. As an unashamed Karloo Mick fan, when you hear this stuff in relation to an old marvel like Mick, it cuts. We are talking about an old horse who would feel every bone and sinew after every run, especially as his favourite mode of transport is sitting outside the leader and breaking their hearts. In regard to Barry Lew, well he just spent six months on the sidelines after unsuccessfully appealing the Boldenone case over Karloo Kix. Twelve months later and we are doing the same dance with (a derivative I am guessing) of ketamine.

After Lukes successful appeal, no-one could ever safely say how any inquiry could go these days.

Member Yearling Toni will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Prescott
    I googled it, bit of a tricky one to make sense of but I think its a metabolite for Ketamine - but please someone correct me if im wrong. (On this google search I also managed to find Ketamine is a horse tranquilizer and people have been known to take it at night clubs - wow).

You are absolutely correct, it is a shame. Sometimes I wonder if its worth findings being publicised until the case has been heard. Do you think its in the best interests of the industry to have it made so public?

Of course we have to wait and see the outcome as you say - I would like to see the best in people and would hope he is innocent after what has already happened but time will tell.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Mary do you know what it is ?
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    I've googled it but am sending a telegram to VVV to write a post about norketamine.
    Please VVV! I'm begging.
    Hahahahaha. Love your work Breno. A few things I know about old mate Special K....
    It has many & varied uses and for that matter, users and the outcomes of its use are also very much species specific.
    For example, the amount of Ketamine it takes to send a single human into orbit inside their own skulls would kill 20+ horses stone dead. Also, for the purposes of testing...whilst it is excreted totally within 3 or 4 days, it is partially lipid soluable & that serves to create a residual build up in the body fat as a result of regular use.
    One thing I would caution here as far as Ketamine testing is concerned, the test employed on horses is an equine adpated human drugs of abuse test and once again, like so many other tests our Trainers can and do fall foul of (see opiates being picked up in urine swabs as a result of Poppy Seed consumption in TAS etc), it is a qualify only & not quantify test...meaning it will pick up on & throw a flag on even the most minute non-pharmacoligically active amount. Bute does the same btw.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Geez poor old Barry Lew! Poor bugger can't take a trick lately, first the Boldenone thing and now this!!! I reckon he should make sure his horses aren't taking aspros while his back is turned, 'cos he'll go for that next the way his luck is running, apparently this substance is just a broncho-dialater, for horses, I mean wouldn't that mean it's just a therapeutic substance??

Member Yearling bbd will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Colin Douglass
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Geez poor old Barry Lew! Poor bugger can't take a trick lately, first the Boldenone thing and now this!!! I reckon he should make sure his horses aren't taking aspros while his back is turned, 'cos he'll go for that next the way his luck is running, apparently this substance is just a broncho-dialater, for horses, I mean wouldn't that mean it's just a therapeutic substance??
    It doesn't matter what the purpose of the substance is!! The horse cannot be presented to race with anything in it. It's VERY simple.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by bbd View Post
    It doesn't matter what the purpose of the substance is!! The horse cannot be presented to race with anything in it. It's VERY simple.
    Correct!

+ Reply to Thread