Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does HRV give Owners a free drink

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin

Does HRV give Owners a free drink

Just noticed an interesting thing.
    Owners are charged $2,000 to start their horse in the Victoria Cup and pay prizemoney to 5th place. So 7 owners miss out and pay to provide the entertainment which then HRV wants to charge bookies to bet on.....doesn't seem right.
    Ok these horses are big earners but obviously they are big payers as well.

Notice Menangle pay to last, at least owners get something towards their costs.

Maybe HRV supply plenty of food and drink for the $2,000

Member Yearling geoffkel will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Geoff Parsons
    Hahaha
    Owners get 2 free drinks for the night. That is if they are lucky.
    HRV are becoming the laughing stock. I know of a very recent case where the owners of a very significant race winner were not even offered a single drink. This race was a national race.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    Just noticed an interesting thing.
    Owners are charged $2,000 to start their horse in the Victoria Cup and pay prizemoney to 5th place. So 7 owners miss out and pay to provide the entertainment which then HRV wants to charge bookies to bet on.....doesn't seem right.
    Ok these horses are big earners but obviously they are big payers as well.

Notice Menangle pay to last, at least owners get something towards their costs.

Maybe HRV supply plenty of food and drink for the $2,000
    [VVV] Well said. Testify Brother Bailey.

Banned Filly little fish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Username deleted
    I've always been offered a racebook and 2 free drinks at Melton whenever one of my horses runs. Without fail.

Just have to have your name in the racebook.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by little fish View Post
    I've always been offered a racebook and 2 free drinks at Melton whenever one of my horses runs. Without fail.

Just have to have your name in the racebook.
    Barry, if I travelled from Interstate or Overseas to see my horse race after paying $2,000 to get in the race, maybe a simple offer of a pie and peas would be nice.

IMQ and the NZers have spent a heap in travel plus the acceptance fee. For me it is not good PR and encourage others into the sport.

Banned Filly little fish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Username deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    Barry, if I travelled from Interstate or Overseas to see my horse race after paying $2,000 to get in the race, maybe a simple offer of a pie and peas would be nice.

IMQ and the NZers have spent a heap in travel plus the acceptance fee. For me it is not good PR and encourage others into the sport.
    To be honest I don't know much about the 2k to get into this race. Having said that these horses have collectively won many millions so I think they can afford a couple of grand (fall out their owners fob pocket?)

The ongoing answer to anyone complaining about facilities or prizemoney is you must remember this isn't the gallops and this industry doesn't have gazillions of cash laying about the place. They made a decision to build Melton and they didn't have a Harold Park to sell which would guarantee the ongoing health of the sport in this state.

What is wrong with 2 drinks and a racebook? That is more than gallops owners get in many cases, unless of course you win in town.

Everyone pays for their own travel whether it be the float to the local bush track or a plane interstate for a big $$$ group 1 - why is that even being mentioned? Isn't that a given when you decide to get involved in the sport in first place?

aussiebreno
    Not much too it imo, another option would be cut the prizemoney by 25K?

That said I'm not the one forking out $2K!
    Last edited by aussiebreno; 12-12-2012 at 04:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread