Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chris Barsby...bizarre statement

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    Unexpected or surprising? Yes.
    Bizarre? No. If there was no rationale for the decision it would be bizarre but the reasoning is completely understandable.

I'm sure the folks at HRV would have a few different adjectives for the decision...

aussiebreno
    What I found bizarre was Chris Barsby didn't go on to say QLD would still trifecta the Vic Derby! He has maroon blood that bloke!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Some advice to C.B. : instead of just about falling out of the commentary box in anticipation of informing us with some dazzling sectionals and mile rates at A.P. I suggest holding back until you have something worth reporting.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Some advice to C.B. : instead of just about falling out of the commentary box in anticipation of informing us with some dazzling sectionals and mile rates at A.P. I suggest holding back until you have something worth reporting.
    Gday Rod

Just saw this one

"Chris Barsby ‏@BarsbyChris
    Qld have the best 2yo pacing fillies this season. Charming Allie (by Mr Feelgood) & Joys A Babe (by Art Major). Both did amazing jobs."

Neither left Qld but are the best 2yo pacing fillies?

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    I like Chris but he needs to get himself a hat. That QLD sun is getting to him.

Member Yearling HarnessFan will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jeroen Nieuwenburg
    Horses
    Hokonui Ben Dartmoor Countess Jill
    I think Chris is pretty spot on, on times you could only have an argument for Mindarie Priddy. It's always hard for Queenslanders to stand up and be counted when southerners think the sun shines out of their ......

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Time only means something when you're doing it.
    What matters are Stakes races won, money earned, quality of fields beaten.
    Everything else is window dressing.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Hi Jaimie, agree with you, give me the money over time any day but having said that time is very important if you are standing your stallion or mare at stud. Imagine Smoken Up ( gelding unfortunately) with a 1:48:7 near his name or a Baby Bling with a 1:50:5, both would command instant attention.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by HarnessFan View Post
    I think Chris is pretty spot on, on times you could only have an argument for Mindarie Priddy. It's always hard for Queenslanders to stand up and be counted when southerners think the sun shines out of their ......
    Sorry didn't mean anyone take offence to what said. Wish sun would shine out me arse... been very cold, wet winter down here. Wasn't having go at Queenslanders...just silly comments is all. If I owned NSW 2yo filly going for the Crown Sunday on the BIG STAGE I might be offended....

Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Hi Jaimie, agree with you, give me the money over time any day but having said that time is very important if you are standing your stallion or mare at stud. Imagine Smoken Up ( gelding unfortunately) with a 1:48:7 near his name or a Baby Bling with a 1:50:5, both would command instant attention.
    1:48:6 Rod !! Son been doing research see if possible to undo a 'gelding' and sew his nuts back on !!!

+ Reply to Thread