Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Multiple runners in a race

Senior Member Colt clumsy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Snudden

Multiple runners in a race

Effective immediately Harness Racing New South Wales (HRNSW) Stewards will interview any Trainer that has 2 or more horses in the same race regarding the intended tactics to be adopted.
    It is not intended to make these tactics public, unless they are determined by the Stewards to be a change of tactics to any of the horse’s normal racing pattern.
    Any Trainer that has 2 or more horses in a race is required to report to the Stewards no later than 40 minutes prior to the advertised starting time of the race.
    From HRNSW web site.

This rule should help trainers that are doing the right thing, it is better to tell the stewards before the race that you are going to hand up to a stable mate than to have to explain why you did it after the race. The rule should also help stop team driving, if that is currently happening.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    The Change Of Tactics rule is nothing short of a double fisted death grip applied, turning the head of it purple and making the veins pop SUPER WANK...and this is merely an extension thereof. Just because a Trainer has two or more starters in a given race does not mean that those two or more starters have common connections. Who in the Hell comes up with this nonsense??????????????????????????????????
    How absolutely bloody ridiculous. Now not only do we have a rule in place that the Punters be spoon-fed, we've got one in place for the Stewards to be spoon-fed as well.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    I'm on a hiding to nothing Greg.
    Agree with HRNSW when they have good ideas and I'm a Stooge. Disagree with their bad ideas & I'm a Knocker.
    You see, for mine...the fact is that a 'new' idea does not automatically = a good idea.
    I have always held this very same position re the COT Rule. It was, is and will forever remain a nothing short of ridiculous imposition on all concerned. Furthermore, this recent addition is a tacit admission that not only has the much vaunted COT rule ( which incidentally has been repeatedly & incorrectly applied here in NSW) proven to be a huge waste of time & effort insofar as its original intention of curbing team driving was concerned...it apparently now needs the addition of this rather absurd Pre Race Interview of Trainers routine in order to give it a spine...and guess what?
    The travesty is that they'll still not manange to bring team driving to hand.
    You know why?
    It is because the ONLY thing that ever brings this sort of thing to hand are Stewards who know what they're looking at who jump on any and all such cases and duly hand out heavy fines & significant time on the sidelines. Financial penalties will carry the day.
    Broadcasting the gear changes & COT's and putting it about that the Stewards will be pre race interviewing Trainers with multiple starters in a given race re: their intentions etc. will do nothing. These & other such rules which are slowly but surely being put in place will increasingly allow for the partial and perhaps ultimately the total obfiscation of sound Stewarding practices & responsibilities.
    Perhaps it is simply a direct response to the widely acknowledged generally shallow nature of Stewarding talent pool here in Australia?
    We've got automated betting machines.
    One wonders how long it will be before we write the rules in such a way that no thought or feel for racing is required and we get ourselves 'an automated Steward'...perhaps one along the lines of 'Dexter' from Perfect Match?

Senior Member Colt clumsy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Snudden
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    I'm on a hiding to nothing Greg.
    Agree with HRNSW when they have good ideas and I'm a Stooge. Disagree with their bad ideas & I'm a Knocker.
    You see, for mine...the fact is that a 'new' idea does not automatically = a good idea.
    I have always held this very same position re the COT Rule. It was, is and will forever remain a nothing short of ridiculous imposition on all concerned. Furthermore, this recent addition is a tacit admission that not only has the much vaunted COT rule ( which incidentally has been repeatedly & incorrectly applied here in NSW) proven to be a huge waste of time & effort insofar as its original intention of curbing team driving was concerned...it apparently now needs the addition of this rather absurd Pre Race Interview of Trainers routine in order to give it a spine...and guess what?
    The travesty is that they'll still not manange to bring team driving to hand.
    You know why?
    It is because the ONLY thing that ever brings this sort of thing to hand are Stewards who know what they're looking at who jump on any and all such cases and duly hand out heavy fines & significant time on the sidelines. Financial penalties will carry the day.
    Broadcasting the gear changes & COT's and putting it about that the Stewards will be pre race interviewing Trainers with multiple starters in a given race re: their intentions etc. will do nothing. These & other such rules which are slowly but surely being put in place will increasingly allow for the partial and perhaps ultimately the total obfiscation of sound Stewarding practices & responsibilities.
    Perhaps it is simply a direct response to the widely acknowledged generally shallow nature of Stewarding talent pool here in Australia?
    We've got automated betting machines.
    One wonders how long it will be before we write the rules in such a way that no thought or feel for racing is required and we get ourselves 'an automated Steward'...perhaps one along the lines of 'Dexter' from Perfect Match?
    Triple
    I must apologise if my post was upsetting or abusive, I was surprised to see that the post has been deleted.
    After watching how this rule has been applied I have now been converted to your opinion of this COT rule. It would seem that it is too hard to get a consistent ruling in regards to the COT.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    ???? Greg, I can't remember it. Maybe I'm getting early onset Dementia? No dramas. No need to apologise. All good. Pretty sure it was Greg Hando anyway. You know what he's like, always looking for a barny.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Pull your head in James ha ha
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

+ Reply to Thread