Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Auckland Reactor is back - big time!

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Triplev123

I think AR has a genuine chance of winning most races if he learns to settle and be a racehorse, i myself would love to see him settle and follow the speed as i do think he could real off a very fast last 1/4. But the question is will he ever settle or is he to use to been used as a one dimention horse (straight to the front) we all know he can run the time's and distance but MANNER'S is what he is lacking.

triplev123
    G'day Mango,

He's 5 or 6 isn't he? I have serious doubts that he'll ever back off now.
    The late Charlie Parsons had a way of summing them up. "You can't un-ring a Bell" he'd say whilst hitting up yet another Marlboro.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I suppose we will find out next fri night and if he doesn't race with manners he is in serious trouble.

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    I hope Auckland Reactor races really well for the new owners, it's a shame that Harness Links Editor is still trying to pump up his
    soon to be announced stud career( Auckland Reactors not the editors).

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    It's been happening for a while maybe people wouldn't be so critical of the horse if people just let the horse do the talking on the track.

triplev123
    G'day mango,

I can't blame JC for bursting with enthusiasm at the mere mention of AR. After all, when you consider thhe number of times the horse has been bought and sold with JC doing the deal on each occasion, it must be nothing short of a Bloodstock Agent's dream...it would be like selling Homing Pigeons.

Junior Member Foal smakman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    I know people will think I'm just tryinmg to make a bold statement... but seriously, Auckland Reactor is THE most overrated horse, thoroughbred or standardbred, I can recall. Ever. He's a very good horse, can run times, but they were saying he was NZ's best ever a year or two back. Wouldn't live with Cardigan Bay, Christian Cullen, Elsa, Young Quinn etc. Surely harness racing people know that!

I was not impressed he was a superstar when he was unbeaten. He got to the front, ran slick times, beat nothing. The moment the pressure came on, he fainted. He is why the term "flat track bully" was invented. Not sure where he stands in NZ ratings but he's not in the top 10 by a long way.

I missed his early wins and had heard the hype. I thought I was going to see something freskish but even his Derby win was just a fast time trial out in front. I thought, from early reports, he was Popular Alm and Cardigan Bay rolled into one. Please, he's just a very slick fast class pacer. Nothing more.

triplev123
    He should be re-named Ferdinand Demara.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Well Triple if i said what i think about A.R run last night i'd have to ban myself from this forum for use of profound language.

triplev123
    I heard a pretty funny & kind of applicable comment the other day which I can with 100% confidence attribute to Sydney driver Jimmy Brown.
    A mate of mine and Jimmy were discussing the way that some of the lesser horses get a bit intimidated by the long stretch at Menangle & don't find the line very well...and Jimmy said something like "With some of them you have to paint a picture of the winning post on the inside of their blinkers".

+ Reply to Thread