Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Group Racing

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    I understand APG is a murky area Dan I agree however are you comparing Maitland to the APG? Any yearling owner can pay up for the APG series so is that much different to paying nomination fees for the Golden Slipper? Do you honestly believe the APG should not be group listed? We are lucky in the trots that our MAJOR sale all falls under the one heading across Australia. I still in all your rant cannot see any justification of an open age restricted race being group listed. $$ should be A criteria. Not THE criteria.

My point remains the same. Open age races, to be group listed should not be restricted.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Of course money should be the criteria.
    $$ should be A criteria. Not THE criteria.
    Good to see that your point remains the same Grant, and as far as "Open age races, to be group listed should not be restricted." that point mate is just your opinion,which differs from mine and differs also with the HRA guidelines.
    Last edited by Danno; 01-14-2013 at 06:16 AM. Reason: spelling

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrain View Post
    Ron you have missed the point. Of course money should be the criteria.
    Your comment "Of course money should be the criteria." Not mine.

Real Name
    Grant Train
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Good to see that your point remains the same Grant, and as far as "Open age races, to be group listed should not be restricted." that point mate is just your opinion,which differs from mine and differs also with the HRA guidelines.
    Of course it's an opinion. Isn't that what we use forums for? Is strange though the race in question is the ONLY group 2 race in Australasia for open age pacers that is restricted. It differs in grading to every other race on the Australian calendar in both gallops and trots.

Senior Member Colt Mark Croatto will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mark croatto
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrain View Post
    Of course it's an opinion. Isn't that what we use forums for? Is strange though the race in question is the ONLY group 2 race in Australasia for open age pacers that is restricted. It differs in grading to every other race on the Australian calendar in both gallops and trots.
    Grant, there are a few others; The Carousel C2-C5 ($50k Group 2), the Tontine C2-C4 ($30k Group 3), the Premiers Cup C2-C5 ($50k Group 2).

Regards

Mark

Real Name
    Grant Train
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Croatto View Post
    Grant, there are a few others; The Carousel C2-C5 ($50k Group 2), the Tontine C2-C4 ($30k Group 3), the Premiers Cup C2-C5 ($50k Group 2).

Regards

Mark
    Thanks Mark. I knew of the tontine but overlooked others. The Maitland isn't as one out as I thought.

+ Reply to Thread