Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Stewards Report Please...

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Quote Originally Posted by mary View Post
    Belinda has a baby in a pram, im not sure id be training horses if i had a baby. But maybe she is & can afford a full time baby sitter. She has horses in Qld too so shes one hell of a busy lady.
    Every time I go to Menangle, including last Tuesday, Belinda is there working her a/hole off gearing up horses and doing all the thankless tasks while Luke & co do their thing on the track. Like many others as Harvey mentioned they work as a team so if its in Luke or Belinda's name who really cares... I don't.

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    I'm sure as a mother Belinda works harder then the rest of us (other mothers excepted of course) regardless of her involvement in the horses. IMO the race with the exception of Chariot King looked to be very uncompeditive from start to finish. Seems as I must be the only one who thinks there was a problem with Franco Jamar sticking to Excel Strides back like a limpet in the straight gifting a run to a 50/1 shot from his back into second.

Member Gelding Lenem will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lenny Bagle
    If it's a partnership (as opposed to a rort) why not register both names as co trainers? I have no reason to doubt that Belinda is a talented horsewoman but what happenned one fine morning that caused all the owners to "transfer" their horses to her care?
    Dito with Emma Stewart who "became" a trainer following her partner's disqualification for a drug related offence.

Member Gelding Lenem will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lenny Bagle
    FJ apparently leaving Team McCarthy.Perhaps someone else not pleased with tactics?

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    How often does a trainer have FOUR horses in a field and 2 of them are grand circuit horses??

As to the other question, I have absolutely no issue with Belinda being the official trainer. The reality is that any trainer has a team of people working the horses, planning their preps etc. Its not one person who does everything.

No different to many other training regimes - eg. Maree/John Caldow, Greg/Skye Bond, Emma Stewart/Tonkin
    From what I gathered it is Mat Rue looking after the training of the QLD team?
    So you have horses trained by Luke up to two/three weeks ago, then transferred to Belinda and taken to QLD. Belinda is in Sydney?

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    Brad I'm no accountant but there are at least two who read this board and could advise accordingly. If Luke derives all the income from the training and driving fees then then they are likely to be subjected to a higher rate of tax then if the income is split with Belinda, if it goes into a business then I have no idea how it works so over to the accountants, just a thought as all my colleagues would love to be able to split their income with their non working wives, not that I'm suggesting that Belinda isn't "working"
    I'd say the set up would be either a company or a trust, Belinda and Luke both shareholders/trustees. Any of Lukes income goes into the company/trust income and can be distributed to both of them anyway. Belinda wouldn't need any of her 'own' income for taxation purposes.

Junior Member Yearling matrightyeh will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    john owens
    yeh something would have to have gone down

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    I guess you can tell I don't do my own tax returns Brenno!

+ Reply to Thread