Thread: Stewards Report Please...

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaB25 View Post
    agree with most on the comments and deff question the drive myself
    fan of the quinn and hopefully see him bounce back next week
    As snr said he's been kind to him since his float trip back from the east
    hopefully strips fitter after that one and hes back at his best next week.
    He's still run home in 27.8, 28 & 28.5..
    Lisa, no one here has had a go at IMQ's ability on Gloucester Park, after all he has been unbeaten in almost 2 years (18 starts) on the track. Your Champ was not given the chance to extend that record last Friday night.
    As the thread header states "Stewards Report Please" which is about Jnr's tactics.

Any other driver would have been given time for the antics at the start of the race and possibly for the lack of interest for most of the race...he set IMQ an impossible task.

Having read the article which reported what the Chairman of Stewards said, it really does appear Jnr is getting special treatment in the Stewards room and its not the first time.

Here is a report on the first night of the 2004 Perth Interdominion.....This has been going on for a long time, who else is treated this way?
    "
    First Night: 12 March 2004 Heats 1-4 1740m
    Talented 21yo Perth reinsman Gary Hall Jnr two days after being suspended for 28 days for his drive on pre-series favourite The Falcon Strike NZ drove two of the four heat winners in the opening round of the Ross North Inter Dominion Championship.
    After WA stewards ruled on the Wednesday that Hall could begin his suspension AFTER the series was completed, he wasted little time in making the most of this decision by winning the opening heat with Faking It, and then two heats later scored an impressive win with The Falcon Strike NZ. The other two heats were claimed by Mister D G NZ and Buck The Odds. "

Member Gelding littlelenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lenny panetto
    We can only assume that this report is correct, then this would be very dissapointing for the other drivers in W.A who have copped suspensions for lesser offences. The top end of the serious scale and only a fine, also you would think that his engagements over the next few weeks is irrelevant. How about all the other drivers in the past who depend on the income of driving to survive should they get have been let off.

From what we read it doesnt seem fair.

"Bill Delaney, chairman of the RWWA panel of stewards, told Hall jun. that his jostling with Mysta Magical Mach (Kyle Harper) in the early stages of Friday night's race was "at the top end of the serious scale" but said the panel would not impose a suspension, taking into account his engagements to drive in major carnival events over the next few weeks."

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Stewards report " IM THEMIGHTYQUINN NZ (Gary Hall Jnr) – Driver pleaded guilty to a charge of causing jostling issued under the provisions of Rule 163(1)(a) for, when racing three wide, having jostled MYSTA MAGICAL MACH NZ (Kyle Harper) from racing out of the back straight on the first occasion until entering the front straight on the first occasion in an effort to gain a position in the one-wide line. Mr Hall Jnr was fined $500. In determining penalty, Stewards were mindful of the circumstances of the incident in that MYSTA MAGICAL MACH NZ had not lost its racing position and that in similar cases in recent years fines of up to $200 had been imposed. In imposing a higher than usual penalty for this offence, Stewards advised Mr Hall that they considered his actions to be more serious as he had continued to jostle for far longer than necessary and in their opinion, he had been attempting to gain a position to which he was not entitled as MYSTA MAGICAL MACH NZ had clearly obtained a position one wide prior to him attempting to shift inwards."

Well well, ...."he was not entitled as MYSTA MAGICAL MACH NZ had clearly obtained a position one wide prior to him attempting to shift inwards."
    as well as....."they considered his actions to be more serious as he had continued to jostle for far longer than necessary"
    and to justify...."that in similar cases in recent years fines of up to $200 had been imposed" unusual to qualify the reasoning for the fine,

No mention of Jnr's drive after the jostling, when he gave the horse no chance......must have been a good drive to official eyes, he was $1.20 fav!

Cheers fellas its Jnr's shout at the bar. What do protected species drink????????

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    I'm pretty sure the penalty imposed had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with this ...

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=102915

Banned Gelding mary will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mary hughes
    Agree with what you guys say.....have protected ones elsewhere too inc Menangle.

Also,

What I don't get is that Kevin Jeavons from Perth owns both Terrorway & Washakie & they are at a ss trial at menangle. Its a $400,000.00 race!
    Last edited by mary; 01-08-2013 at 12:15 PM. Reason: spell

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by mary View Post
    Agree with what you guys say.....have protected ones elsewhere too inc Menangle.

Also,

What I don't get is that Kevin Jeavons from Perth owns both Terrorway & Washakie & they are at a ss trial at menangle. Its a $400,000.00 race!
    Could it be a standing start qualifier for the Hunter Cup????

Banned Gelding mary will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mary hughes
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Could it be a standing start qualifier for the Hunter Cup????
    Thanks Ash but i think both are qualified for ss.
    If they were mine they would be in WA Racing for the 400 thou. Washakie went last year & Terror is more than capable. The Hunter Cup is weeks away.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by mary View Post
    Thanks Ash but i think both are qualified for ss.
    If they were mine they would be in WA Racing for the 400 thou. Washakie went last year & Terror is more than capable. The Hunter Cup is weeks away.
    I'd definitely have Washakie in Perth he loves that track, but Terrorway may not fit onto it, hes too big!!!!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Well I think Mr Jeavons may have learnt his lesson from the last 2 W.A. Pacing Cups and as for all the talking up from Dean Braun regarding Mustang Mach,well obviously he thought he had more chance winning the Bendigo Cup. The other 2 star Victorians Smoken Up and Caribbean Blaster choose to race for a paltry $ 125,000 in the S.A.Pacing Cup when they could have travelled a bit further west and raced for $ 400,000. Please no excuses about blaming the track at G.P. because Globe Derby is also an 800 metre track.
    As I have said before about the distances W.A. horses have to travel interstate and then have to travel back by float (ITMQ) because of uncertainty of flight arrangements - what a joke. Of all the STARS racing in the east not one had the temerity to travel to W.A.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 01-08-2013 at 10:42 PM. Reason: added info

Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Well I think Mr Jeavons may have learnt his lesson from the last 2 W.A. Pacing Cups and as for all the talking up from Dean Braun regarding Mustang Mach,well obviously he thought he had more chance winning the Bendigo Cup. The other 2 star Victorians Smoken Up and Caribbean Blaster choose to race for a paltry $ 125,000 in the S.A.Pacing Cup when they could have travelled a bit further west and raced for $ 400,000. Please no excuses about blaming the track at G.P. because Globe Derby is also an 800 metre track.
    As I have said before about the distances W.A. horses have to travel interstate and then have to travel back by float (ITMQ) because of uncertainty of flight arrangements - what a joke. Of all the STARS racing in the east not one had the temerity to travel to W.A.
    Hey Roddy!
    Wondering where u have been, u have been very quiet since Quinn's domination of the Vic Cup!!! Oh sorry, a feat a bit too tough for Mr 200m...
    And how do u assess Master Halls drive from last week?

+ Reply to Thread