Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewards Report Please...

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Well I think Mr Jeavons may have learnt his lesson from the last 2 W.A. Pacing Cups and as for all the talking up from Dean Braun regarding Mustang Mach,well obviously he thought he had more chance winning the Bendigo Cup. The other 2 star Victorians Smoken Up and Caribbean Blaster choose to race for a paltry $ 125,000 in the S.A.Pacing Cup when they could have travelled a bit further west and raced for $ 400,000. Please no excuses about blaming the track at G.P. because Globe Derby is also an 800 metre track.
    As I have said before about the distances W.A. horses have to travel interstate and then have to travel back by float (ITMQ) because of uncertainty of flight arrangements - what a joke. Of all the STARS racing in the east not one had the temerity to travel to W.A.
    Your are right when you say the uncertainty of flights makes it difficult to plan such a trip unless you travel weeks ahead of any race to give the horses time to recover. This is obviously why IMQ doesn't contest the big races in the eastern States regularly. There was talk years and years ago about racing getting their own plane.

Then again, maybe the chance of Jnr knocking them over and risking maybe a $900 fine just not worth their risk with valuable horses.

Senior Member Colt Big K will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Kevin Spurr
    Horses
    Bonavista Bay, Shoobees Place
    Well I think Mr Jeavons may have learnt his lesson from the last 2 W.A. Pacing Cups and as for all the talking up from Dean Braun regarding Mustang Mach,well obviously he thought he had more chance winning the Bendigo Cup. The other 2 star Victorians Smoken Up and Caribbean Blaster choose to race for a paltry $ 125,000 in the S.A.Pacing Cup when they could have travelled a bit further west and raced for $ 400,000. Please no excuses about blaming the track at G.P. because Globe Derby is also an 800 metre track.
    As I have said before about the distances W.A. horses have to travel interstate and then have to travel back by float (ITMQ) because of uncertainty of flight arrangements - what a joke. Of all the STARS racing in the east not one had the temerity to travel to W.A.
    Hi Rod,well what a nasty little thread this is turning out to be!! I checked on a few of some of the poster's past comments over a previous period of time and quickly realized that their posts are quite tainted with green and jealous thoughts regarding ITMQ and Gary Hall Jnr.
    If you are to believe some of these people;
    Apparently wining two Inter Dom Finals drug free in two different countries accounts for cheap yellow shots.
    Travelling to NSW and running second in the 2009 Chariots is a joke.
    Being the biggest certainty beat in a Hunter Cup in 2010 against champion horses means you cant win in Victoria.
    Winning the Cranbourne Cup in 2010 against champion horses showing how important two hundred meters can be means you cant win in Victoria.
    Running third in the 2010 Victoria Cup against champion horses means you are just a joke.
    As is running third against champion horses in the 2011 Hunter Cup.
    Running third in the 2011 Miracle Mile(Menangle) Means you are "nothing" to some people on this site.(plus you cant win in Victoria).
    And much to the relief of some people he ran last in the 2011 Victoria Cup against champion horses.
    And to the releif of some people only ran third in the 2012 Victoria Cup against champion horses.
    Oh I almost forgot about him winning the 2011 Auckland Cup and have a look who finished behind him..hey but he's no good.
    He has amassed $3,200 000 in stake money but this means nothing to some experts.????? Go figure.

Yes Gary Hall Jnr does appear arrogant,sometimes he does drive a bad race every so often.Sometimes champion sports people are like that.
    Here in Western Aus we love the guy.He promotes the sport and crowds turn up to watch.Plenty of great drivers have driven bad races,its not a problem for people who dont hate them.
    And yes you are right Roddy where are all these dodging great Eastern Staters????

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    The other 2 star Victorians Smoken Up and Caribbean Blaster choose to race for a paltry $ 125,000 in the S.A.Pacing Cup when they could have travelled a bit further west and raced for $ 400,000
    Melbourne - Adelaide: 727km
    Melbourne - Perth: 3,276km

Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by Big K View Post
    Hi Rod,well what a nasty little thread this is turning out to be!! I checked on a few of some of the poster's past comments over a previous period of time and quickly realized that their posts are quite tainted with green and jealous thoughts regarding ITMQ and Gary Hall Jnr.
    If you are to believe some of these people;
    Apparently wining two Inter Dom Finals drug free in two different countries accounts for cheap yellow shots.
    Travelling to NSW and running second in the 2009 Chariots is a joke.
    Being the biggest certainty beat in a Hunter Cup in 2010 against champion horses means you cant win in Victoria.
    Winning the Cranbourne Cup in 2010 against champion horses showing how important two hundred meters can be means you cant win in Victoria.
    Running third in the 2010 Victoria Cup against champion horses means you are just a joke.
    As is running third against champion horses in the 2011 Hunter Cup.
    Running third in the 2011 Miracle Mile(Menangle) Means you are "nothing" to some people on this site.(plus you cant win in Victoria).
    And much to the relief of some people he ran last in the 2011 Victoria Cup against champion horses.
    And to the releif of some people only ran third in the 2012 Victoria Cup against champion horses.
    Oh I almost forgot about him winning the 2011 Auckland Cup and have a look who finished behind him..hey but he's no good.
    He has amassed $3,200 000 in stake money but this means nothing to some experts.????? Go figure.

Yes Gary Hall Jnr does appear arrogant,sometimes he does drive a bad race every so often.Sometimes champion sports people are like that.
    Here in Western Aus we love the guy.He promotes the sport and crowds turn up to watch.Plenty of great drivers have driven bad races,its not a problem for people who dont hate them.
    And yes you are right Roddy where are all these dodging great Eastern Staters????
    Love the passion but your comments confirm a lot of the points made on this forum....Those champion horses you refer to, race against each other every month in a stronger racing market ...the Eastern States. No disrespect here but the usual pattern is for horses who aren't quite top graders in the East are sent or sold to the West and become FFA class over there and they are the ones IMQ beats regularly...not his fault, you can only beat what's put in front of you. Like the recent cricket series.
    Just for accuracy IMQ has now gone over $3,4000.000.
    Kevin, just look at the field for this weeks Bendigo Cup G2 and only $50,000, i'm sure the powers to be in the West would be doing handstands if IMQ was to race them in your $400,000 FFA this week.
    On Jnr, yes he is a show pony and yes he must draw a crowd and at times does drive some outstanding races, his judgement of speed around Gloucester Park is outstanding but no matter how you look at it, he should of got time for his drive last week, any other driver would have and that's not good for the sport in WA

Senior Member Colt Big K will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Kevin Spurr
    Horses
    Bonavista Bay, Shoobees Place
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    Love the passion but your comments confirm a lot of the points made on this forum....Those champion horses you refer to, race against each other every month in a stronger racing market ...the Eastern States. No disrespect here but the usual pattern is for horses who aren't quite top graders in the East are sent or sold to the West and become FFA class over there and they are the ones IMQ beats regularly...not his fault, you can only beat what's put in front of you. Like the recent cricket series.
    Just for accuracy IMQ has now gone over $3,4000.000.
    Kevin, just look at the field for this weeks Bendigo Cup G2 and only $50,000, i'm sure the powers to be in the West would be doing handstands if IMQ was to race them in your $400,000 FFA this week.
    On Jnr, yes he is a show pony and yes he must draw a crowd and at times does drive some outstanding races, his judgement of speed around Gloucester Park is outstanding but no matter how you look at it, he should of got time for his drive last week, any other driver would have and that's not good for the sport in WA
    Your post still implies ITMQ is only any good in WA When his resume shows something different.There may be only one horse in the East at best with a resume as good as his.I believe you are trying to undermind the horse.
    Yes last years Inters in Perth showed how weak the racing is here.
    Jnr Hall is a great driver and yes he should get time or a penalty if he breaks the rules,totally agree. But I think you can find stewards that are bewilldering in their interpretation of the rules throughout Aus and NZ.

Real Name
    bailey martin
    Your post still implies ITMQ is only any good in WA When his resume shows something different.There may be only one horse in the East at best with a resume as good as his.I believe you are trying to undermind the horse.
    Jnr Hall is a great driver and yes he should get time or a penalty if he breaks the rules,totally agree. But I think you can find stewards that are bewilldering in their interpretation of the rules throughout Aus and NZ.
    IMQ is brilliant in WA....no question about that.
    Here's some facts.
    His overall start to win ratio 48% 91 starts for 44 wins (outstanding)
    In WA 66.6% 48 starts for 32 wins (brilliant)
    In the eastern states 18.1% 11 starts for 2 wins
    In NZ 31.2% 32 starts for 10 wins

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Hey Roddy!
    Wondering where u have been, u have been very quiet since Quinn's domination of the Vic Cup!!! Oh sorry, a feat a bit too tough for Mr 200m...
    And how do u assess Master Halls drive from last week?
    Hi Ash, I will say that I don't think that ITMQ is an overly robust horse and with the tyranny of distance travelling from the west I think it just takes the edge off him; having said that he does show up and only once has been out of the money unlike your 'stay at home powder puff champions'. They have no problems venturing over if they think they can win ( Chancellor Cullen ) but revalue when beaten.

Footnote: I think I should explain my dislike of anything Victorian........It stems from our champion galloper Northerly's 2001 Cox Plate win when Victorians stood around and booed the horse because he had beaten your perennial favourite NZ mare Sunline, a feat he did every time they met. Its something I haven't gotten over easily.

aussiebreno
    Hi Ash, I will say that I don't think that ITMQ is an overly robust horse and with the tyranny of distance travelling from the west I think it just takes the edge off him; having said that he does show up and only once has been out of the money unlike your 'stay at home powder puff champions'. They have no problems venturing over if they think they can win ( Chancellor Cullen ) but revalue when beaten.

Footnote: I think I should explain my dislike of anything Victorian........It stems from our champion galloper Northerly's 2001 Cox Plate win when Victorians stood around and booed the horse because he had beaten your perennial favourite NZ mare Sunline, a feat he did every time they met. Its something I haven't gotten over easily.
    I was only a kid when Northerly was going around. One of his owners kids (parents seperated) used to live down the road from me. Needless to say I was a big Northerly fan.
    It's interesting another head to head, ITMQ leads Smoken Up about 7-3.

It's also interesting that ITMQs Travelling Gp 1 record is 11S 3W 7P. Not many can match that at the best of times let alone travelling across a few time zones.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    I was only a kid when Northerly was going around. One of his owners kids (parents seperated) used to live down the road from me. Needless to say I was a big Northerly fan.
    It's interesting another head to head, ITMQ leads Smoken Up about 7-3.

It's also interesting that ITMQs Travelling Gp 1 record is 11S 3W 7P. Not many can match that at the best of times let alone travelling across a few time zones.
    Thanks Brendan, I need a bit of back up, I'm usually out there on a limb on my own.

Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Hi Kevin, do agree with the depth of racing or lack of in W.A. but if last years Inters were held in any state and only the 5 or 6 best horses turned up then there wouldn't be much difference in the quality of the fields but possibly bigger numbers of the also rans. The G1's do attract the class horses but the FFA's whether it be Menagle or Melton are no more brimming with talent than the local FFA's and these would be the horses making up the Inters fields but we should remember it was the also rans that finished in the placings in 2012.

+ Reply to Thread