Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: WA Pacing Cup - 11/01/2013

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle

WA Pacing Cup - 11/01/2013

Race 8 SEW EURODRIVE WA PACING CUP (SKY 1) 8:25 PM M0 Or Better.
    RBD. Prizemoney: $400,000 2536 METRES MOBILE START

1 ROCKET REIGN NZ S J Suvaljko Callan Suvaljko C19 M9
    2 DASHER VC NZ A L De Campo Chris Lewis C18 M11
    3 CAN RETURN FIRE NZ G S Bond Colin Brown C15 M7
    4 MYSTA MAGICAL MACH NZT SvilicichKyle Harper C20 M15
    5 RUSSLEY RASCAL NZ G S Bond Colin Brown C17 M7
    6 FRANCO RENEGADE NZ A G Cortopassi Aldo Cortopassi C11 M6
    7 SNEAKYN DOWN UNDER NZ D W Duffy Morgan Woodley C23 M16----------------------------------------------- Second Row --------------------------------------------8 UPPY SON NZ S C Reed Justin Prentice C18 M4
    9 LIVINGONTHEINTEREST NZ G E Hall Snr Kim Prentice C12 M4
    10 CROMBIE K D Young C14 M7
    11 IM THEMIGHTYQUINN NZ G E Hall Snr Gary Hall Jnr C43 M38
    12 LOMBO NAVIGATOR A L De Campo Matthew White C16 M8
    13 OHOKA DALLAS NZ (Em 1)
    14 AUSSIE MADE LOMBO (Em 2)

This looks to be another cracking race for mine:

I like Dasher VC to overturn his 2nd place from last year. He was mowed down by ITMQ last year in a very fast time. Dasher starts from gate 2 as he did last year but I don't see him having to burn the same lead time as last year as he won't have the likes of Raglan, Mr Feelgood, or a Hall runner from gate 1 to contend with for the lead.

ITMQ starts off the back line which isn't a bad thing for him. I can't see him getting a trail into the race in this edition as he did in 2012 and coming off a slower pace Dasher VC might be able to turn around the 1.6m defeat.

Lombo Navigator will most likely grab ITMQ's back into the race late but I don't see this suiting him.

Mysta Magical Mach might end up having to breeze which will take the edge off him. He's tough and strong and will keep finding however.

The journey is too long for Sneakyn Down Under and I can't see him enjoying the last lap.

The Bond runners (Can Return Fire and Russley Rascal)off the front line can fill a hole if they get suitable runs on pace but that's the best case scenario for them I feel.

The one that may cause a boilover at very good odds is Livingontheinterest. It will trail Dasher VC through and probably end up with cover in the moving line right on the speed. Despite last week being run to suit it was still a very good performance and you cannot argue with picket fence form. 7 starts in WA for 7 wins, 6 at GP. It would be rude not to have a bob each way if the price is right.

The draw has taken care of Franco Renegade as he will need to restrain, I would prefer him on pace.

Uppy Son is likely to be 3 or 4 pegs for the duration and finish the race fresh but out of the money.

Crombie is a class act and I wish I owned him but he doesn't seem to be going well enough so far this prep to win from 3sr in this company.

Where my money goes will obviusly depend on what value is on offer. Ignoring that, my numbers are 2, 11, 4, 9

Good luck if you have a go.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Hi Glen, you could be right with Dasher VC, he has shown after his last couple of preparations that he goes very well fresh but after a few runs he seems to go off. Mysta Magical Mach may be his undoing, if not from him watch Livingontheinterest make a move to tackle the leader if he can get away from the fence.

Member Gelding littlelenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lenny panetto
    Quinny is so dominant around gloucester Park and the distance of the race will give Jnr time to plan his move, im forgeting about last week as jnr never gave him a chance. I do agree that Quinnys stable mate could bring Dasher VC undone, if it was middle distance i think dasher could cause an upset. After reading how confident the Hall camp is Im expecting him to win easily and thats no disrespect to the other runners but Quinny's record on this track speaks for itself.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Agree with you Lenny,

Dasher VC is a much better horse when allowed to lead especially around GP. I think if it was a 2100 metre race he could cause an upset racing well when fresh but the Hall camp will have him in their sights all the way. I'm just not sure about ITMQ, his last run was very puzzling, at one stage I thought he had another fibrillation attack. To be honest back in the bad/good old days that run would have copped 12 months but I'm glad he didn't give the horse a gut buster run.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 01-10-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Senior Member Colt Big K will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Kevin Spurr
    Horses
    Bonavista Bay, Shoobees Place
    Can't believe MMM has virtually raced non stop since well before the Inter's last year thru to now!!Not so long ago he was off his game and I thought in need of a break but his last few runs have showed he is going as well as ever.His trainer has got most people stumped as to keeping up the longevity of his racing horses and the improvement to most of them!!I think he's a very big chance tonight.

Junior Member Weanling terror will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    quin clark
    That was the quinny we all know and nice team work between the two stable mates

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Agree with you Lenny,

Dasher VC is a much better horse when allowed to lead especially around GP. I think if it was a 2100 metre race he could cause an upset racing well when fresh but the Hall camp will have him in their sights all the way. I'm just not sure about ITMQ, his last run was very puzzling, at one stage I thought he had another fibrillation attack. To be honest back in the bad/good old days that run would have copped 12 months but I'm glad he didn't give the horse a gut buster run.
    G'day Rod, you said it all. In the good old days 12 months for that, today we are lauding him for not having put in a gut-buster. At the end of the day it is the horses welfare that should be paramount and the drive produced fabulous rewards one week later in light of it. Personally I reckon that race last week was at the least 'SUSPECT'.

Last night, even with the beautiful suck into the race, it was good to see IMTQ back on top.

Member Gelding littlelenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lenny panetto
    We definetly saw the real Quinny last night showing his brilliance around Gloucester Park yet again. I know the opposition wasnt up to his class but he did it quite easily.

Interesting listening to the interviews of Hall snr and jnr they appear still quite cut up by the Eastern states not believing in Quinny. I dont think its that people in the East think Quinny is not a champ its more that he is portrayed as invinsible(which he is at Gloucester Park) and the best we have ever seen, but the point is to get that tag you need to beat the best easily.

When the best get together they are so evenly matched and thats the exciting part in my opinion.

Im glad they have decided to go to Sydney for the interdominion because when you have a horse that good you would want to race the best in Australasia its a no brainer. Win lose or draw it doesnt matter he has already proven himself and going to the eastern states is just what you do for the fans all over Australia who want to see the best horses race each other. Just look at the publicity the Victoria Cup recieved it was awesome the industry was buzzing thats what we need every opportunity we get. Obviously it cant happen for every Grand Circuit race because of the distance factor.

I think we are so fortunate to have champions such as Blackie, Mr Feelgood, Smoken Up, and Quinny just to name a few in the last 10 years. You dont need to win every race to be a champion just look at Mr Feelgoods run in the 2011 Victoria Cup it was one of the best runs i have seen together with Smoken Ups run in the 2012 Victoria Cup.

Looking forward to the 2013 Interdominion even if its format is different it still brings the best together.

Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    True Lenny, but WA horses will always suffer the tyranny of distance travelling east for the big G1 races because that's where most of them are.
    When you are lining up against outstanding horses who are evenly matched and having that extra burden it is always going to be that little more difficult
    and that is something that those in the east far to often fail to acknowledge.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Congrats to Snr & Jnr and connections.
    Is there a horse anywhere that could hold him out when he is driven like that?
    Can't wait to see him do battle in the Sydney ID.

Closed Thread