Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Barry Lew another positive

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell

Barry Lew another positive

Read that he has had another positive not sure what norktamine does to help a horse perform.Surely some of you guys will have read the same thing.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Have used Ketamine on an injured horse that was a very bad kicker and he could not be tended to unless he was stoned out of its head.
    Often it's mixed with a bit of Valium and Bob's your Uncle, so to speak. Maybe the old horse had to be sedated for some reason and they raced him too early? Ketamine shows up even in the most mintute of minute amounts as the test for it is basically an Equine adapted Human Drugs Of Abuse platform & as such it is similarly extremely sensitive.

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Apparently you shouldn't allow your horse to graze the grass where another has been gelded.

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    Apparently you shouldn't allow your horse to graze the grass where another has been gelded.
    That's very good Diz.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    I am having great difficulty reconciling how Barry Lews latest prohibited substance infringement only drew a disqualification of twelve months. What am I missing here? In July 2012 the tribunal handed down its decision on the boldenone case against Karloo Kix, the charges were the same under Rule 190 (1), (2) and (4). The original decision was upheld (although varied) and Barry was disqualified for six months. (Tribunal link) http://www.hrnsw.com.au/assets/files...%20B%20Lew.pdf

New penalties were released by HRNSW in June 2012, much tougher line being taken with prohibited substances. http://hrnsw.com.au/hrnsw-media-release481.html We all know the story of Barrys impeccable judiciary record, his high standing with the sport, a cleanskin up until this blight occurred. That has seriously been put to the test in recent times following the revelation that Karloo Mick had norketamine in its system when it won a race at Menangle on 13 October, 2012. It also puts a huge cloud over the true ability of the old warhorse to race on so competitively at such a grand age (still in Interdom contention no less and over the marathon, well who knows). Its leaving a crap taste in my mouth knowing an old favourite of mine has had some assistance. Thats not the whinge, thats just personal disappointment.

This time Barry Lew is disqualified for 12 months http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=103615

Even if its a Class 3 category charge a second offence is a mandatory two year DQ. I think it should go in to the Class 2 category myself.

So has HRNSW gone soft on their big strong stance on the use of prohibited substances almost at the first hurdle, or have they decided the first charge should not be used retrospectively because the penalties have changed since then and everyone gets a free shot at cheating under the NEW guidelines? Or is it Barry is a good bloke and deserves special treatment? I subscribe to none of those theories. He should have been given a minimum two year ban.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    You got it right in the part about being an old war horse and i don't believe it put's a cloud over his true ability he is a good horse.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    That has seriously been put to the test in recent times following the revelation that Karloo Mick had norketamine in its system when it won a race at Menangle on 13 October, 2012. It also puts a huge cloud over the true ability of the old warhorse to race on so competitively at such a grand age (still in Interdom contention no less and over the marathon, well who knows). Its leaving a crap taste in my mouth knowing an old favourite of mine has had some assistance. Thats not the whinge, thats just personal disappointment.
    [VVV] G'day Brad, just one point. NOBODY that's looking to assist a horse to win a race is EVER going to give it Ketamine. It's a sedative, it stops them, it doesn't kick them along. That's what makes this positive so strange. Furthermore, every man and their dog knows that it sticks around in a horse's system for some time and testing wise it would show up like an elephant hiding under a tea towel. None of it makes any sense to me.

Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Also used for Depression,Asthsma and many other ailments.

Real Name
    Greg Hando
    1 Nannogram was the amount the horse had in him which is about 1/100000 of a bees dick in amount and i have measured a bee.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    "So has HRNSW gone soft on their big strong stance on the use of prohibited substances almost at the first hurdle, or have they decided the first charge should not be used retrospectively because the penalties have changed since then and everyone gets a free shot at cheating under the NEW guidelines? Or is it Barry is a good bloke and deserves special treatment? I subscribe to none of those theories. He should have been given a minimum two year ban."

They don't appear to go soft when someone sticks it up them.

news room

Kevin Pizzuto suspended

23 January 2013

Harness Racing New South Wales (HRNSW) Stewards today continued an inquiry that was opened at Tabcorp Park Menangle on Saturday 15 December 2012 into the conduct of Trainer/Driver Mr Kevin Pizzuto both in the Stewards room and the stabling area.
    Mr Kevin Pizzuto pleaded guilty to a charge pursuant to Rule 231(2) in that at the Tabcorp Park Menangle Meeting on Saturday, 15 December 2012 following race 2, he did misconduct himself both in the Stewards room and in the stable area by using loud, foul and abusive language.
    Mr K Pizzuto’s licences (Driver and Trainer) were suspended for a period of 12 months back dated to 19 December 2012, the date on which he was stood down under the provisions of Rule 183 (3). Further the Stewards ordered that Mr Pizzuto be excluded from all NSW harness meetings under Rule 256 (1)(e), until he complies with certain conditions as required by HRNSW.

+ Reply to Thread