Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Paul Humphries Thread

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Sorry Dot, I misunderstood

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    My son wants to be a racecaller. He takes his little recorder thingo and practices every time we go to the races. I don't know why he bothers calling races Smoken Up is in as he hardly mentions any other horse! We replayed his call when we got back to the car after the last race. That's one to keep forever. Not his best call but his recording has captured not only the excitement in his voice but also the 'wave' referred to above. Will try do some cut and paste stuff after and stick it on Youtube with a link to it on here.
    http://youtu.be/h1IWYaGjbmU

Banned Gelding mary will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mary hughes
    Sky should hire him for race call training, or whoever does that , hes a natural. Great stuff, i have a smile on my face, thanks.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Wow, well done Luke love the passion, gave me a tingle on top of my head when Trigger came back and u could hear the crowd quite literally erupt. U will have to post more races on YouTube for us to listen as u practice your art.
    Great times at your age when u have a hero to follow, at your age mine was, well pretty obvious Maoris Idol. I guess u have seen what he did on your DVD set, I've got that too!!!
    All the best!

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    That is gold Paul, pure,untainted gold....that will be treasured forever by your family, and with my small knowledge of Luke and his passion for the game, listening to Lukes call certainly gave me a big thrill.

please give the young fella a "thumbs up" from me!

Cheers,
    Dan

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    That is gold Paul, pure,untainted gold....that will be treasured forever by your family, and with my small knowledge of Luke and his passion for the game, listening to Lukes call certainly gave me a big thrill.

please give the young fella a "thumbs up" from me!

Cheers,
    Dan
    ..and I thought Fred was pretty good.

Member Gelding littlelenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lenny panetto
    Paul your boy is a natural, you can hear in his voice the admiration he has for the sport and his hero Smoken Up.
    You should send a link to "In the Gig". I think Tappy would love it.
    Thanks Paul and Luke for sharing your experience and a great race call.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    That's priceless Luke, absolutely priceless. Keep 'em coming. Thankyou.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Thank you Mary, Ash, Dan, Ron, Lenny and Jaimie

He won't see better than what he saw the other night. I hope he does, but I doubt it. It was just the best of the best. Totally AWESOME. What our sport is all about.

Thank you all again. He's rapt to have been there and rapt with your comments.

Thank you!

Cheers
    Paul

Senior Member Colt clumsy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Snudden
    Keep following your dream Luke and I am sure that one day it will come true. I never owned a pacer but used to take my son to the local trots, from the age of 5 he would tie a set of reins to the fence sit on a chair and would drive the "horse"and call the race. He did this until he was about 14 years old, he then got a chance to drive a horse in track work. I bought him his first horse at 16 yrs. he went on to get his drivers and trainers licence. Even though he drove some winners he always only wanted to be a trainer, two years ago he was in the position to become a full time trainer which he has been very successful at. He is at present 4th in the state trainers list and 9th in the national list. So I am sure Luke that with the great support you get from your family all your dreams will come true.

+ Reply to Thread