Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Paul Humphries Thread

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by clumsy View Post
    Keep following your dream Luke and I am sure that one day it will come true. I never owned a pacer but used to take my son to the local trots, from the age of 5 he would tie a set of reins to the fence sit on a chair and would drive the "horse"and call the race. He did this until he was about 14 years old, he then got a chance to drive a horse in track work. I bought him his first horse at 16 yrs. he went on to get his drivers and trainers licence. Even though he drove some winners he always only wanted to be a trainer, two years ago he was in the position to become a full time trainer which he has been very successful at. He is at present 4th in the state trainers list and 9th in the national list. So I am sure Luke that with the great support you get from your family all your dreams will come true.
    That's great stuff! Son noticed your name on forum a while ago and follows your sons horses. I bought the old sulky from my friends parents that their horse raced in 25 years ago. Its bolted to the C channel in shed and he drives many a winner down there. Unfortunately he's allergic to horses but he'll find a way to fit in there somewhere.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post

The race above my lad Luke called from the Globe Derby stand back in 2013 when he was 12.... that was never 4 year ago! He's stuck at it ever since and done 1,000s of miles practising at trials, wherever there is a spare commentary box (Flemington, Kilmore, Kyneton, Warragul, Bendigo... the list is endless). And 1,000s of hours at home calling them off the telly. Trots, gallops, dogs... even Usain Bolt at The Olympics!

Was course commentator for the trots at a place called Monmouth in Wales UK last year. His first official gig! Did same at Elmore Boxing Day and most recently at Albury gallops last Saturday. Gone OK at all. "But they weren't TAB meetings" he says.

Sunday at Birchip be a TAB meeting. Race 4 be a race. And, thanks to some very kind and very encouraging people, he gets his chance to call a TAB race. Be on Sky Channel and maybe even RSN and other racing radio stations. 2.54pm Sunday.

Good luck matey!!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Go Luke
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Good luck Luke. Keep them butterflies from trampling you and you'll be fine
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Senior Member Colt alphastud will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Richard .
    Occupation
    1300 078 237
    Horses
    TIGER TARA NZ $3,500, LIVE OR DIE USA
    That's a good call Luke at 12 yrs. . and I hope that you fire on your first TAB call.
    Great to see you get rewarded for all of your hard work. All the best.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Luke did a great job. He showed that despite this being his first TAB call, he has had plenty of experience and he did not call the R0 as if it was the Melbourne Cup

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#IRB12031704
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Luke did a great job. He showed that despite this being his first TAB call, he has had plenty of experience and he did not call the R0 as if it was the Melbourne Cup

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#IRB12031704
    Yep he did great Kev. Never seen him so nervous but he did great.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Great work Luke ...and his ever patient driver !!

+ Reply to Thread