Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: drivers, the good, bad & desperate!

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    I think your clutching at straws here Harvey. You maybe had a point about FJ handing up to ES but the run up the straight? I saw what Mary saw, CK went where FJ should have been if Andy had simply steered a straight course along the pegs never mind searched for a run. Perhaps if it had been CK on ES back Luke may have maintained a straighter course to the finish. If ES has a tendency to drift off under pressure then as a professional driver Andy should have known about it. How did G-Mac know that a run was going to come along the pegs? He didn't he was just prepared to capitilise on the opportunity when it presented itself!

Note the stewards suspended Todd for 6 weeks in an earlier race for an unacceptable drive not disimilar to what occured here in the run home.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    Did you see the drive on Royal Witness in the first @ Bendigo on Saturday night ?

The stewards should sit him down and make him write "there is a sprint lane at Bendigo" 100 times : )
    Hello Bob,
    I spotted that too, sitting there saying there's a sprint lane in front of you.

Member Yearling Frano1982 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Francis
    Occupation
    Pastrycook
    Horses
    Sun Samurai Teasing Dolly Dagger Open
    The stewards concluded an inquiry that was opened at Tabcorp Park Menangle on Saturday 12 January 2013 into driver A. McCarthy tactics adopted on FRANCO JAMAR in Race 5 the Jasol Hospitality Pace. 1609M.
    A.McCarthy was found guilty pursuant to Rule 149(1) in that he failed to take all reasonable and permission measures during the course of the race to win or obtain the best possible place. * The following particulars being: 1) near the 1200 metres that after obtaining the lead he commenced to steady FRANCO JAMAR and relinquished the lead to EXCEL STRIDE after a moderate first half when it was permissible to allow FRANCO JAMAR to work forward in an endeavour to make EXCEL STRIDE work harder to obtain the lead. 2)that approaching the 200 metres he failed to attempt to improve FRANCO JAMAR into a run to the inside of EXCEL STRIDE which was available to him and then persevered to obtain a run to the outside of EXCEL STRIDE which was not available. A. McCarthy had his licence to drive in races suspended for 10 weeks.

Well there it is in black and white???

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Adam I'd say that exactly is what everyone but Harvey saw on the night. Brad I'd have to say your comments surprised me on the other thread. VVV you are conspicious by your absence on this one.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    Adam I'd say that exactly is what everyone but Harvey saw on the night. Brad I'd have to say your comments surprised me on the other thread. VVV you are conspicious by your absence on this one.
    Usually Dot, I'm the first one out of the box when I see something not quite right. I only watched the race once and only had eyes for ES and W and the race just panned out as I had expected it to except it took ES a little longer to get to the lead. Wasn't watching Andys hands, just Washakie coming around.

Watched the replay for the first time JUST NOW. I missed it completely. Fortunately others did not. That was the right charge 149 (1), the penalty was much lighter than should have been applied.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    we'll just have to agree to disagree and this time im clearly in the minority!

Banned Gelding mary will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mary hughes
    This was only a few weeks ago.
    With the last sentance saying "Stewards noted the comments of driver A McCarthy regarding his reasons for handing up to EE AND EM STRIDE."

I agree with Brad, the penalty is way too light, afterall, IMO its a form of race fixing.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    [VVV] I agree with Harvey.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    [VVV] I agree with Harvey.
    Ist time for everthing!!

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Ist time for everthing!!
    Not true Dan. In fact Harvey and I agree on a whole range of things.

+ Reply to Thread