Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sushiiiiiiii

buster
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Didnt think one would show so much admiration for this lot given a positive a couple years back and your thoughts on drugs in racing.
    who hasnt had a positive swab? purdon, tonkin, gleeson, small

they've copped the punishment as handed out

triplev123
    Hey Buster, ever heard the term 'Run with the Fox, hunt with the Hounds'...?

buster
    those people have done wrong and been punished - that is how the justice system works

the other still believes he has done no wrong

im not supporting both sides of the argument

triplev123
    I understand that and agreed, I certainly do admire those who man up, take their lumps and move on, M Purdon for example.
    Now as for the rest...as in you stating quote "that is how the justice system works"....I've gotta say that's pretty damned amusing in itself because said Justice System of course makes the presumption of innocence until such time as guilt is proven beyond a reasonable doubt, that being a very basic legal courtesy that notably to date you don't seem to have been able to bring yourself to extend to one D. Thorn ? Hence...the run with the Fox, hunt with the Hounds.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    I understand that and agreed, I certainly do admire those who man up, take their lumps and move on, M Purdon for example.
    Now as for the rest...as in you stating quote "that is how the justice system works"....I've gotta say that's pretty damned amusing in itself because said Justice System of course makes the presumption of innocence until such time as guilt is proven beyond a reasonable doubt, that being a very basic legal courtesy that notably to date you don't seem to have been able to bring yourself to extend to one D. Thorn ? Hence...the run with the Fox, hunt with the Hounds.
    Nice pic, beats the Benny Hinn for mine.

buster
    that the constitution actually, and ill think you find it isn't used for drug cases (the defendant has to prove it is legitimate rather than the usual presumption of innocence)- a lawyer is currently attempting to challenge this in the high court, her boyfriend was hiding drugs in her apartment, it was searched and found, the boyfriend said they are mine she didnt know it was there, but she can't prove she didn't know and thus was charged with possession and trafficking a controlled substance

this is the basis
    In March last year, the Victorian Court of Appeal found the drug laws were incompatible with the charter because they violated the right to a fair trial, but declined to overturn the conviction.

buster
    and i can already see you hold m purdon as a hero in the training ranks despite him using blue magic on a horse they then sold for 200k, if i bought that horse i would have gone straight to court and sued him

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Nice pic, beats the Benny Hinn for mine.
    Hahahahahahahahaha. I LOVE watching old mate Benny on the Sunday mornings when I get up too early. I'm particularly taken with his white suits and matching shoes. Reminds me of Ricardo Montalban starring as Mr. Roarke on 'Fantasy Island'.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    and i can already see you hold m purdon as a hero in the training ranks despite him using blue magic on a horse they then sold for 200k, if i bought that horse i would have gone straight to court and sued him
    I don't hold him as a hero at all. Nobody was more disgusted than I was and I said as much at the time. I was however impressed by the fact that he took it like a man, did his time and moved on...that as opposed to turning it into a Geoff Small style saga of Gone With The Wind like proportions.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    that the constitution actually, and ill think you find it isn't used for drug cases (the defendant has to prove it is legitimate rather than the usual presumption of innocence)- a lawyer is currently attempting to challenge this in the high court, her boyfriend was hiding drugs in her apartment, it was searched and found, the boyfriend said they are mine she didnt know it was there, but she can't prove she didn't know and thus was charged with possession and trafficking a controlled substance

this is the basis
    In March last year, the Victorian Court of Appeal found the drug laws were incompatible with the charter because they violated the right to a fair trial, but declined to overturn the conviction.
    Victorian Court of Appeal? Bahahahahahahahaha. Spare me the Bush Lawyer routine Buster. If you had a true appreciation for the resultant legal obligations and implications of anything then unless you were just plain nuts you wouldn't have posted anything even approaching that which you have freely & continually tossed up on this wesbite.

+ Reply to Thread