Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Yearling syndications

Member Filly BenScadden will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ben Scadden

Yearling syndications

Now let me start by saying I think it's absolutely fantastic that a couple of syndicates have started investing in standardbred yearlings.

I was going through the yearlings bought by Slade Bloodstock as an example - and comparing the share costs v sale price. I was quite surprised by the mark-up - but maybe that's just a standard thing with syndication. I'm not familiar with the usual practices.

Here's the list of Slade yearlings bought this year (and I hope they're all stars to promote more sales):

Four Starzz Shark-Miss Chevious - sale price $15k; total share value $29.5k

Courage Under Fire-Rigaleto Franco - sale price $24k; total share value $39.5k

Art Major-Barogue Pearl - sale price $35k; total share value $58.5k

Four Starzz Shark-Joy Luck sale price $35k; total share value $59.5k

Is this a standard kind of mark-up? Anyone had any experience with similar situations?

Anyway, good luck to them. Hope they win stacks of races ... can only be a good thing for the game.

buster
    seems a bit steep, but maybe they would be including all the bills as well for the next 12 months?

i wouldnt buy one off slade if they are to lance anyway

i know theres a few shares available in the ones that purdon bought or people bought for purdon to take home

Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    It doesn't sound like it includes any costs ... according to their website, there are ongoing fees of $170 a month for each 10% share.

triplev123
    I liked the Four Starzzz colt from Joy Luck. Had a bit of swish about him.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    seems an outrageous mark up. it must include other things. If not, its not likely to be filled...

Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    I'm not sure, Mo ... reading the story on their website, it seems not ... here's the link - http://sladebloodstock.com.au/news/a...CING+ADVENTURE

See you in NZ, I hope.

Cheers,

Ben

buster
    if they can sell those horses then everything from now on will be a non-sale entry and then i will syndicate them myself

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Why would you want to get in a syndicate if they mark up the price so much and Ben the first yearling you mentioned has near doubled in price and at $170 a month for a 10% share that works out to be $1700 for a horse which works out to be $54 a day and i suppose you will have costs on that.

buster
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Why would you want to get in a syndicate if they mark up the price so much and Ben the first yearling you mentioned has near doubled in price and at $170 a month for a 10% share that works out to be $1700 for a horse which works out to be $54 a day and i suppose you will have costs on that.
    once you incorporate the reduced days for agistment in their first year for spelling it would be alot more than 54 a day

Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    It sounds like that $170 is all-inclusive (training, staking, management) ... but still $1700 a month - or $20,000 a year - is at the top end, I'd think, especially when you take into account the horse will undoubtedly be out of work for periods.

Like I said, hope they do well - even if they're pocketing good dough - because we need some fresh blood in the ownership ranks

+ Reply to Thread