Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    I wish he wasn't

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Heres a clue. At his first start back from a break over 2700m off the 20m. He's the one when the starter says "Riiiighhttt" that stands there, takes a couple of steps backwards, has a little skip (probably adding another 10m to his handicap) before he remembers what hes there for. Don't take my word for it, here's the vision.

http://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gas/wa/r/i...rID&Arg=174631

Now picture that sprint down the long Menangle straight.

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    How is this horse ID13 Fav ?
    What do you reckon the right price is? If you're thinking 10's,give me a hoy.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    Heres a clue. At his first start back from a break over 2700m off the 20m. He's the one when the starter says "Riiiighhttt" that stands there, takes a couple of steps backwards, has a little skip (probably adding another 10m to his handicap) before he remembers what hes there for. Don't take my word for it, here's the vision.

http://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gas/wa/r/i...rID&Arg=174631

Now picture that sprint down the long Menangle straight.
    I'm trying to, but River Black who hasn't won a race since AB was Captain of the Australian Cricket isn't leading the ID13 final turning for home : )

I knew he was a short priced Fav for the NZ Cup and I couldn't believe it, watching the replay (I was OS at the time) that May gave the death away turning out of the straight and drove the horse for luck !! I then watched the NZ FFA afterwards and Terror To Love is a horse that has to be driven that way. Which is fine, in New Zealand where the majority of races, distance is irrelevant, are no more than a 400m dash home.

Where would Terror To Love of finished if driven in a manner similar to Im The Mighty Quin last Friday ? 5th at best ... and if he runs 5th in ID13, it'll be driven cold, along the pegs.

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by 2minuteman View Post
    What do you reckon the right price is? If you're thinking 10's,give me a hoy.
    Will he qualify ?

If May has to drive him like the best horse in the race and something half decent parks him, it's curtains.

If May drives him for luck and doesn't get any, do they invite him ? I hope not. Why invite a horse that doesn't get in on a fight when they'll be slogging out here in Australia.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    How is this horse ID13 Fav ?
    From what I have read subsequent, there are better judges of horseflesh and race performance analysis setting the odds.

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    From what I have read subsequent, there are better judges of horseflesh and race performance analysis setting the odds.
    In defense of the analyst setting the odds, the Auckland Reactor bandwagoners have ditched my Fav Kiwi of all time and are firmly behind Terror To Love, my soon to be second Fav Kiwi of all time : )

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    I'm still firmly of the opinion that there shouldn't of been a NZ heat. There should been a second heat in Victoria. If the Kiwi's wanted a start, earn it, like the locals / campaigning Kiwi's will have to.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Problem with your opinion is that the host organisation still believe it is the Interdominion and is still overseen by the Interdominion Council made up of both Australian AND NZ administrations. It is not solely an Australian event. It is still regarded by those who make the decisions an event between both countries. As such initially 2 heats were scheduled for New Zealand but with a lack of suitable candidates and date clashes the Addington heat was deleted.

+ Reply to Thread