Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Double standards

aussiebreno

Double standards

HRNSW won't run 6 horse 2yo races in the Riverina (a few didn't stand up in Dec with about 6-7 noms - it's an annual occurence), but a 6 horse 3yo can stand up at Menangle when there are 9 other races?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Because it's Menangle.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Colt Mark Croatto will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mark croatto
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    HRNSW won't run 6 horse 2yo races in the Riverina (a few didn't stand up in Dec with about 6-7 noms - it's an annual occurence), but a 6 horse 3yo can stand up at Menangle when there are 9 other races?
    G'day Brendan

I don't think you are being given all the details; 6 horse fields are regularly drawn for 2yo's and other grades across the State, perhaps it was decision made by someone other than the racing office at HRNSW?

Regards

Mark

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Breno, Greg, many months ago now when I was bemoaning the lack of opportunity for fillies to race against their own sex here in NSW I went to a meeting with some of the NSWHRC Directors, David Wonson, Fitzy etc & was given a solid undertaking by the NSWHRC & HRNSW that they would go with 6 horse fields (meaning 6 noms, not acceptors) in 2yo & 3yo Fillies Only races at Menangle in an effort to encourage those 2 pools of horses in the same fashion as they'd successfully encouraged the Trotters out there. I don't know if that explains your 6 horse 3yo field at Menangle or not, were they fillies?

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    Breno, Greg, many months ago now when I was bemoaning the lack of opportunity for fillies to race against their own sex here in NSW I went to a meeting with some of the NSWHRC Directors, David Wonson, Fitzy etc & was given a solid undertaking by the NSWHRC & HRNSW that they would go with 6 horse fields (meaning 6 noms, not acceptors) in 2yo & 3yo Fillies Only races at Menangle in an effort to encourage those 2 pools of horses in the same fashion as they'd successfully encouraged the Trotters out there. I don't know if that explains your 6 horse 3yo field at Menangle or not, were they fillies?
    Tonight, final race. 3yo open, all starters are boys. What you say is great for Menangle, but should also apply to the 2yos in the Riverina, especially as horses are looking to get a run before the Leeton Breeders Plate. In recent years Leeton noms have been down, because trainers know races wont stand up and their horse won't be ready. Run the races, horses will come in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Croatto View Post
    G'day Brendan

I don't think you are being given all the details; 6 horse fields are regularly drawn for 2yo's and other grades across the State, perhaps it was decision made by someone other than the racing office at HRNSW?

Regards

Mark
    It probably is TAB driven if that is what you are alluding to? Many 2yo races with 6 noms don't stand up in the Riverina year in year out - of that I know.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcyone View Post
    Brendan, where did you get your facts and figures from?

Riverina 2YO's:

07/12/12 Wagga 5 Deleted
    08/12/12 Leeton 6 Nursery Stakes conducted 3 horses from Wagga accepted
    14/12/12 Wagga 1 Deleted
    21/12/12 Young 0 Deleted
    26/12/12 Leeton 18 Breeders Plate Heats
    31/12/12 Albury 5 Deleted
    01/01/13 Leeton 10 Breeders Plate Final
    05/01/13 Temora 0 Deleted
    18/01/13 Wagga 1 Deleted
    19/01/13 Junee 0 Deleted
    25/01/13 Junee 1 Deleted

Clubs are funded for races when they receive 6 or more final acceptors. The exception to the rule is the Nursery Stakes where races can be run with 4 or more final acceptors.

NSWHRC/Menangle

To enable Clubs to run Carnival of Cups meetings on Saturday nights the NSWHRC forego a number of meetings annually, however they are funded to conduct the same amount of races as they had in the past.

This is why from time to time you will see 6 horse 3YO, mares or fast class events conducted, for if they did not run them they would not conduct their allocated races.

As Jaimie also points out, the Club is supportive of age and female races and on most occasions will conduct events with 6 or more final acceptors.

All other Clubs are funded for 8 races at all meetings except for Saturday twilights which are funded for 6 races. If they receive additional acceptances to conduct extra races they can apply and money comes from the Prizemoney Contingency Fund.

Regards,

Adam.
    Firstly, thanks for the reply as always.

It appears my sources are off the mark. I apologise.

I applaud the policy of running 6 horse races for younger horses. I was just of the belief this policy was sometimes being ignored; so my apologies again.

Do you know why Junee was switched from its traditional Aust day (which would have been a Saturday this year) and changed to Friday the 25th?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Sources can do that Brenno.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

+ Reply to Thread