Is there ever a wrong time?

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    It will be interesting to see who becomes the new trainer(s) of these bloke's former charges.
    I hope they are carefull with the anti cribbing treatment!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    I wish in these swab inquiries they would put the amounts of the drug detected just so people know the exact amounts found.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    I wish in these swab inquiries they would put the amounts of the drug detected just so people know the exact amounts found.
    If trainers kept a tonic book like old Harry Telford did back in the day, it would make everybodys job a little bit easier. Amazing reading. Some of the ingredients included (and I am quoting part of attached document) are arsenic, strychnine, belladonna, cocaine and caffeine. Phar Lap truly was a wonderful horse but just what was going around in his veins at any given time is a matter for conjecture only. You have to remember that some of these substances were in common use back in the 30's. Atleast Harry used to record how much of each ingredient to use.

http://museumvictoria.com.au/collect...phar-lap-1930s

Heaven forbid,I have absolutely no intention of re-opening the debate of thresholds for another rehashing but in 2013 if some infringements can draw out exceedences such as TCO2, why on Earth cannot amounts of other illegal substances not be published. In any Emergency Department you will find an I-Stat machine that can within 5 minutes of testing blood give a detailed and fairly accurate reading of blood chemistry (although narrow and is used as a first point blood test and does require more formal testing). The stuff coming back from Hong Kong is tested with super sensitive equipment. Surely a smidgin of what is being isolated could be published. I think anyone who is charged with the latest 'drug of choice?' capsaicin, is entitled to know just how much of the substance has been detected in the horses system.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    I think anyone who is charged with the latest 'drug of choice?' capsaicin, is entitled to know just how much of the substance has been detected in the horses system.
    Brad, whilst I agree that it appears only right that levels be released, the information/scuttlebut around the traps is that all the people that have been busted for capsaicin were getting it in a pre-mix drench which was being sold by someone who is currently disqualified, so there is nothing to be gained from releasing the levels except to provide usefull information to the makers and distributers of the drench?

cheers,
    Dan

+ Reply to Thread