Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Smoken Up---Hunter Cup

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    It was Melpark Major who did not appear in the noms when handicaps announced

Member Gelding littlelenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lenny panetto
    I dont think enough is done to try and attract the top liners to race in the Hunter Cup. Quinny and Smoken Up are two of the major drawcards to a succesful carnival and they are the Grand Circuit Champs for the previous two seasons, and yet neither will be there to contest this major Grand Circuit event. Thats poor marketing in my opinion.

I would like to know where they expected them to get a start in a SS without getting 30,40 or even 50 metres. The NZ Cup was the only real chance they had and unfortunately Quinny had the setback which interupted his campaign and Smoken Up didnt go over this year. Yes Smoken Up could of went in the Pure Steel but then he would have to sacrifice a start in the Ballarat Cup which is a Group 1 event.

In my opinion have more suitable races put into the calender or change the rules, after all the Grand Circuit has now cut back on its races. Just look at the Vic Cup what a race thats the quality field you should be attracting.

It has become a race for the up and coming stars the established stars even if they managed a SS they seem to be handicapped out of it with 20 and 30 metres. 10 metre max is enough. I bet quinny would of been here if 10 metres was the max.

JUST MY OPINION

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    I only ever attened one Hunter Cup. It was the night at MV where Saab skipped away, made a right hand turn & absolutely poleaxed Christian Cullen. I was never a big fan of Standing Starts but that night turned me off them forever.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by clumsy View Post
    Hunter Cup field falling away with the scratchings of Sushi Sushi and Melpark Major.
    So Sushi out of ID too? Will need to go to NZ heat if not in Hunter Cup? Assume injured? Thats a bugger if so. Last 2 runs huge and just gettimg back to his best.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Isn't Fred Taiba training Sushi now ?
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Isn't Fred Taiba training Sushi now ?
    Yes that is true but he was trained in NZ when noms for the ID closed so he needs to go to the NZ heat unless he contests the Hunter Cup from where he MAY contest the supplementary NSW heat.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    I only ever attened one Hunter Cup. It was the night at MV where Saab skipped away, made a right hand turn & absolutely poleaxed Christian Cullen. I was never a big fan of Standing Starts but that night turned me off them forever.
    Good to see you don't hold a grudge for long Jamie!

Senior Member Colt clumsy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Snudden
    Sushi has a cold

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    So Four Starzzz Flash will get a start by default ? I suspect he was running for a spot in the Hunter Cup on Friday and should of been out at the 500m. I didn't have a bet at Ballarat on Friday but I did watch the replay of that race with a view to the Hunter Cup and if I had my way, on behalf of the punters who got stiffed at the shorts, I wouldn't put him in it. If you're not good enough to pull out of the 1-1 at the Odds On in a Pure Steel, you don't belong in the Hunter Cup.

& BTW, why weren't the stewards all over that one ? I think they got him for dropping anchor and if they didn't question him about what occurred a little later, those stewards should be at Centrelink tomorrow.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    Yes that is true but he was trained in NZ when noms for the ID closed so he needs to go to the NZ heat unless he contests the Hunter Cup from where he MAY contest the supplementary NSW heat.
    Those conditions on the website must be incomplete or out of date Tony. He is eligible for NSW heat. In this case commonsense prevails.

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=19818

+ Reply to Thread